What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Plant Show

• Thread starter elgecko
  • Start date

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
Back in the beginning of the year when I was at a nursery buying some plants my wife likes (ie not CP's. LOL) for around the house. I was asking the sales woman questions about one plant I was thinking about getting. Somehow I mentioned about growing CP's. She was very interested and was asking me all kind of questions.
She then asked if I would like to set up a display for a 2 day festival they where having later in the year. I said I may be able to have some plants available also and they loved that idea. I thought about it and decided why not.
Well today was the first day and I had fun teaching kids and adults about CP's. Many people where fascinated by the plants. Hopefully I can get more people interested in the area and have more get togethers with the other growers.
I'm going to be set up again tomorrow.
This is what the display looked like.

Show2.jpg

Show3.jpg

Show1.jpg

Show.jpg

Show4.jpg

Yeah awsome set up, im glad your spreading the word. Good job.

Thanks.

Had lots of interested people stop by and ask questions today.
They asked me if I'd be interested in doing it again next year. It was fun, so if nothing else is planned I'll do it again.

Great job! Kudos!

very nice!!

Nice set up Steve! I'm glad you had fun!

Jerry

Wow...that ceph is something else!

Great display and its cool you are spreading the CP gospel. :)

Thanks again for the comments.

If I do it again I will make up care sheets so that people can take it with them.

I bet the people at the nursery were impressed with your display and didn't know what they were getting in to! How great. Well done. Good idea on the care sheets, too.

xvart.

You brought a Heliamphora! Man those are amazing!

Maybe if you can get Kinkos or someplace like that to make out a Nice big Poster Instead of using 5 sheets of paper? If you plan on doing it again!

Back