What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Librivox.org! free audio books Check it out

Hey folks, I ordered an MP3 Rom off ebay of 20 hours of Lovecraft audio books to listen to while I sculpt and some of the stories were from this website here: http://www.librivox.org

All the authors are dead and books are read by voluneteers/book fans and are legal to download according to the site. If you like audio books you'lll pop your top over his site, all classic stuff, some very rare tales even!
Click on "our catalog" and search by title or author. I have the best luck going by authors last names
I downloded a huge amount of stuff since last night and there's way more yet I wanna get.
Warm up your DSL cos some books are 20+ hours!

This is awesome! My mother is really into audio books. I will definately forward this link on to her. Thanks a lot Swords.

Cheers,
Steve

PS.
All the authors are dead

Is it limited to only dead authors?

Well, it's books which are in the public domain, i.e. there's no specific copyright holder / living heirs who would want to collect royalties on the work. For instance, they won't have Stephen King's latest but if you want an auidio version of Franz Kafkas Metamorphosis or Mark Twain's Life on the Mississippi you'll find it among other classic works.

That is really awsome. I've never tried an audio book but maybe I will. Thanks for the link. :)

This is awesome!

If any of you have children or have a little brother or sister I STONGLY recommend “The New Mother” by Lucy Clifford (Section 02 on the list). This story is one of the best stories to read/listen to around Halloween time, especially with small children.

If any of you listen to it, tell me what you thought about it.

Back