Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: San Francisco considers injection room

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauderdale View Post
    Would you rather have had those 800 people die?
    Frankly, yes.
    Living… to shoot another day… isn’t our definition of ‘living’… but its someone’s…someone who may never had the chance or the support to get clean yet... but may have later, had they lived. Thats a good enough reason for me.
    that makes no logic

Nero Fiddled while Rome Burned BurningBeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking from personal experience, when you are sticking a needle in your arm full of junk, coke, whatever, believe me, living is the last thing on your mind.

To say that treatment centers are not effective is like saying seatbelts and airbags kill more people than they save.
    thy enemy is at the gate

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While we're at it let's give 11 year olds condoms.......oh wait.....
    Would you rather see an 11-year-old pregnant just so you can make the point that you disapprove of their behavior?

OBVIOUSLY the best option is to have an 11 year old enjoying their childhood and not acting like an adult when they can't handle adult responsibilities. However, if a child chooses to be sexually active, I'd rather see them protected the best way possible than to NOT, just to make the point that I don't approve. Children rarely make good parents.

And I know someone who's 14 yr old son got his 13 yr old girlfriend pregnant. Again, condoms do not mean approval of a bad decision but I really think being pregnant at 13 or a father at 14 is not a very good idea...
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PlantAKiss View Post
    but I really think being pregnant at 13 or a father at 14 is a very good idea...

Hehe, I think you need to make that "a very bad idea"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol I fixed it while you were already posting. Not fast enough!
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This isn't comparable to birth control...or homeless shelters or battered wives.
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems that many of you support the idea of “legal” injection rooms where junkies can shoot up safely. It must be very chic to defend these poor downtrodden people. Does it give you that warm fuzzy feeling? If that is the case, you should volunteer your time and money. Those of you who do not live in the Bay area should lobby your local officials to start one. Put your money where your mouth is. After you see the real horrors of drug addiction…you will change your mind.

If you still hold that opinion, Ktulu and I will be holding our annual DopeFeast Extravaganza party next Saturday starting at 8.
    Sure you are. Give me the address, perhaps I could get the DEA to attend.

I have four very personal reasons to strongly dislike (A much milder phrase than I would like to use.) drugs and the people that use them. Most disgusting are the dealers. These people choose their life. If it does not last very long…so be it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After you see the real horrors of drug addiction
    I think the horrors of drug addiction are a lot worse when you are living it...than seeing it. I certainly would not be jumping up and down for joy wanting thousands of injection rooms all over the country. But...

Drug overdoses represented about one of every seven emergency calls handled by city paramedics between July 2006 and July 2007,
    I'd rather see paramedics spending their time on people who are sick and injured than ferrying OD'ed addicts to emergency rooms...over and over and over.

I can't sit in judgement of WHY someone becomes a junkie. I haven't lived their life so I can't judge why they made the bad choices they did.

I don't see any difference between an alcoholic and a junkie. Both are addicts. Its just that one is socially accepted and the other isn't. One drug is easily and rather cheaply obtainable and the other one isn't. One you might have to steal or do other terrible things to get it because it isn't legally available like alcohol is. One you can get in a store for a few bucks and have the added benefit of looking cool and sociable while sucking it down it in bars and restaurants and parties. Then you can get in your car and drive home risking the lives of everyone on the road around you. But that's ok because alcohol doesn't carry the stigma that other drugs do. But make no mistake...alcohol IS a drug. It just happens to be a legal and socially accepted one. And if you ABUSE alcohol, you are a drug abuser no different than a junkie.

BTW...not all drug addicts are street junkies shooting up heroin. Many are sitting right beside you in your office hard at work...or its your bus driver...a teacher...or the mother of three next door...

strongly dislike ...drugs and the people that use them
    I use drugs. I take them for migraines...and at the moment for my heart until I find out why its misbehaving. Drug user and ABUSER are totally different things.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast