User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Results 41 to 48 of 66

Thread: San Francisco considers injection room

  1. #41

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hamakua Coast,Hawaii,USA
    Posts
    1,235
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reading and reading,
    Not for me to jump into a can of worms................
    But I have noticed most hydroshops charge more money than commercial suppliers of hydro since the local shops normally sell to pot growers......

  2. #42
    Outsiders71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,005
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    Excuse you. Heroin, cocaine,amphetamines, etc are all illegal there. Are YOU high outsiders? You seem to be talking out of your head without any basis in fact AT ALL, which leads me to believe you're either very ignorant or very high. May I ask who you get such good dope from to come up with these silly, fictitious ideas of yours? Jimmy on the corner of Maple and 3rd, perhaps?
    Your immaturity supersedes you and shows how fruitless it is to engage in a meaningful debate with you. I honestly haven't studied up on what is illegal and legal in Amsterdam and actually that whole end bit was meant to be a joke. So thank you for correcting me.
    James 1:17

    "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

  3. #43
    wicked good plants! Presto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,257
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My college had a program where drunk students could call a number and get a ride home, no questions asked. This proposal makes me think of that program. Granted, it doesn't really do much to solve the root of the problem. However, it acknowledges there is a problem and works to maybe save a few lives.

    I think anyone who has had a friend with a drug or alcohol problem can agree, that it is very, very difficult to get them to admit they have a problem or convince them to seek treatment. In a perfect world I could convince my friend to stop abusing drugs and driving drunk, but I'd be happy to at the very least convince him to use the school's safe ride program, so he doesn't kill himself or somebody else. The proposed injection room, in and of itself, probably won't do anything to curb drug abuse. But maybe a loved one can convince their friend or family member, if they won't quit abusing, to at least do it in a safer setting. Then, once their lives aren't in immediate danger, work on getting them clean.
    -Emily

  4. #44
    Outsiders71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,005
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    EDIT: since we are talking about harm reduction, anyone can feel free to visit this website to learn how to be safer. Remember kids, safety first!
    http://www.dancesafe.org/
    Is it really necessary to post a link such as that on this forum? You know there are some minors that frequent here.
    James 1:17

    "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

  5. #45
    War. War never changes. Est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    3,935
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Alright, alright.

    Folks, lets keep the jabs to a minimum, please. I know it's a heated topic, and that's fine, but please remain respectful to one another.

    Or else.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

  6. #46
    Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Zone 8
    Posts
    5,594
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phissionkorps View Post
    No joke. I'm so sick of how its a trend to be so PC to the point of causing yourself distress just to look more accepting. People these days constantly try to guilt trip each other into being so accepting of everything, i.e. other traditions/cultures, even if it means they have to give up or ignore their own. Makes me sick. Lift up your skirt and grow a pair, status quo.
    PK - I agree with your attitude for the most part. My whole point (and it is possible I wasn't clear) is that I would rather have ideas to bounce around than just simply denying any alternative ideas; especially in such a young stage. There is a problem and no immediate clear solution that will simply "cure" the hard core drug addiction problem in the US. Again, as I have said, this may not be the best answer; but at least it is providing a possible alternative that could possibly pave the way for an end all be all solution.

    My other point is that so many people are quick to pass off radical ideas simply because they don't fall into line with their ideology. I totally respect the fact that "injection rooms" don't align with some people's moral values; but if this "immoral" step happens to pave the way for an actual solution or does provide measurable benefits to the the actual problem it shouldn't merely be dismissed so easily. Some may find my next example irrelevant; but, I think in the context it does have some value. That being, if the cure for cancer or AIDs was discovered by some guy on acid or heroine would that make that process less valuable? I would argue not because even thought the process and method used to discover that solution still addresses the problem in a fashion that I don't necessarily agree with it still gets a solution. A step an any direction is better than no step at all; especially when nobody else is trying to solve the problem or continuing processes that do not have any measurable difference.

    Quote Originally Posted by Presto View Post
    However, it acknowledges there is a problem and works to maybe save a few lives.
    I think this is the point, and a very relevant example.

    Quote Originally Posted by Outsiders71 View Post
    Can you tell me how they are the same? Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the issue at hand here is that there is: A) Drug abusers and B) A clinic or safe house that allows A to come and legally abuse drugs, with a nurse on hand in case they OD. No other form of treatment is offered, so you must OD to get any.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outsiders71 View Post
    The silliest comparison made was about the battered wives. In fact I'm not even going to comment on it, I'm sure everyone here is capable of figuring out how being a battered wife is different than being a drug abuser who gets to legally abuse drugs.
    I think the analogy of recognizing a problem is the correct analogy, in my opinion. The point being OF COURSE we shouldn't have to give 14 year olds condoms in school and OF COURSE we shouldn't have to teach 14 year olds about sex education and OF COURSE we shouldn't have to provide drug users safe environments to use drugs; I think everyone can easily agree upon that. The point is that there is a problem, and just saying 14 year olds shouldn't be having sex isn't a solution, since obviously that isn't working. In the meantime, we will try and help the current situation while continuing to prevent the problem. Otherwise, we will still have 14 year olds with babies who have irresponsibly made a decision that will most likely negatively affect the rest of their (and their baby's) lives.

    Quote Originally Posted by Outsiders71 View Post
    I'm sure you could have figured out all of the above xvart without having me explaining it.
    Oh sure, I could figure it out; but, as you talk about meaningful debate, it is nice to see people express and explain their "absolute" opinions instead of just making blanket statements with no explanation. Of course, I consider myself fairly educated so OF COURSE I can easily see where you are coming from; but not everyone is as smart as me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Outsiders71 View Post
    and actually that whole end bit was meant to be a joke. So thank you for correcting me.
    As is true for the whole end bit of my post.

    xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

  7. #47
    Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Metro Atlanta Area
    Posts
    9,681
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outsiders71 View Post
    Your immaturity supersedes you and shows how fruitless it is to engage in a meaningful debate with you. I honestly haven't studied up on what is illegal and legal in Amsterdam and actually that whole end bit was meant to be a joke. So thank you for correcting me.
    I'm afraid I can't find humor in that. Maybe that's your immaturity showing? If you haven't researched it (not surprising since you didn't read the original article before opening your mouth) then you should not say things like this. I've always said you're not a funny person outsiders, it's best to not try and make jokes when you're the only one who's laughing.




    I'll post whatever I please, as you seem to do the same when it comes to your religious material. Yes there are minors on these boards, with myself being one of them. Guess what, outsiders? Minors do drugs and the ones that do need to be safe. It's called harm reduction. It's called not having unrealistic expectations and realizing that the world isn't squeaky clean and realizing you can't do anything about it because it doesn't necessarily need to be "fixed". I'm not going to refrain from posting something that's not against the rules of this forum that just might save their lives just because you seem to have a problem with it. I don't complain when you post your links to religious material, and before you say "my links and yours aren't the same at all!" I can easily argue that your material is just as dangerous to an impressionable, juvenile mind as you claim mine can be.

    Here it is again. Dance safe kids.
    http://www.dancesafe.org/

  8. #48
    Outsiders71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,005
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    I'm afraid I can't find humor in that. Maybe that's your immaturity showing? If you haven't researched it (not surprising since you didn't read the original article before opening your mouth) then you should not say things like this. I've always said you're not a funny person outsiders, it's best to not try and make jokes when you're the only one who's laughing.
    Explain how what I posted was immature and then step back and look at your last couple posts.

    You know what is surprising? Before I even read the article I came to the conclusion that: There's a clinic being built for drug abusers, where drug abusers can legally abuse hard drugs under the supervision of a nurse. No treatment plans are offered except when you OD. After I read the article, the conclusion is still the same.

    Where in the forum rules does it say I have to make you laugh? I'm not a jester for your entertainment.

    Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    I'll post whatever I please, as you seem to do the same when it comes to your religious material. Yes there are minors on these boards, with myself being one of them. Guess what, outsiders? Minors do drugs and the ones that do need to be safe. It's called harm reduction. It's called not having unrealistic expectations and realizing that the world isn't squeaky clean and realizing you can't do anything about it because it doesn't necessarily need to be "fixed". I'm not going to refrain from posting something that's not against the rules of this forum that just might save their lives just because you seem to have a problem with it. I don't complain when you post your links to religious material.
    Where do you derive your logic from, seriously? How is posting an article in defense of my POV that deals with God equate to posting a link that supports abusing drugs?

    I don't know the exact forum rules but I'm sure Andy does not want people posting pro-drug abuse or supporting using drugs on this forum. He can correct me if I'm wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    Here it is again. Dance safe kids.
    http://www.dancesafe.org/
    The majority of people can actually enjoy life without having to abuse drugs. You can only run and hide from reality for so long before it catches up with you.

    Oh and BTW the above link breaks the following forum rule:
    "No links that lead to sites with sexual and/or violent content are allowed."
    James 1:17

    "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •