Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Hottest Pepper

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rattler_mt View Post
    lethal? only if your allergic..........its being looked at as a non-lethal weapon to intensify the effects of MACE and similar products.......bear defense sprays and the like........
    "Lethal" was only meant as a metaphor for an experience you might wish you were better off dead. Companies call their hot sauces "*** Kickin'" or "Atomic" etc. - how can a bottle of sauce with no legs kick *** or without radioactive elements be "Atomic"?

Figures of speech are often used with food: "Have you tried Sally's killer brownies?" or "Joe's chili is absolutely deadly." Do you expect Sally's brownies to jump up and attack you with automatic weapons or bodies to be littered around Joe at the local chili cookoff?

Besides if you inhale enough of those "non-lethal" weapons your aveoli can swell with enough fluid from the irritation that you could suffocate/drown - without be allergic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i know its not new to be discovered...just the new hottest. there are sveral things on ebay including seeds and peppers themselves.
    Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought a cultivar developed in Dorset was hotter:

Dorset Naga cultivar

The cultivar Dorset Naga pepper (cultivar status in process) is grown in West Bexington, Dorset, England.[10][11][12] It was developed through simple plant selection by Michael and Joy Michaud.[13] Samples sent to two different U.S. laboratories in early 2006 reported heat ratings of 876,000 and 970,000 Scoville units.[14][15] In 2006, BBC Gardener's World used the services of Warwick Horticulture Research International to test the Scoville score of this cultivar, and obtained a 1.6 million SHU result

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, I gotta get me some seeds of that sucker!

I love to grow hot peppers, and I've cultivated several habenero varieties. Many of which, oddly, are less hot than the typical orange type.

Now, people here are talking like typical habs aren't all that spicy, just because there's a new champ.

Phooey. YOU eat one. They're pleny hot.

I'm still waiting for my Carribean Red habs, golden habs and fatali peppers to bear fruit this year. Killin' me. I had to dig them up, pot 'em and move them into the green house for the winter because they're just being so SLOW.

What's a guy have to do to get some hot peppers around here?

Two years ago was my best season. I had a 3' diameter orange hab plant that yielded almost 80 peppers. Should have kept THAT one in the GH.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love hot peppers but there comes a point where its too hot. Like, Bruce, I like the fruity sharpness of the habanero. I don't know if I would even try a pepper like that "new" one. I haven't had a red savina yet either.

And... chile = pepper/plant, chili = soup dish. You can put chiles in your chili to make it spicy.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SOUP dish? More like chili = whatever meet you have around, some beer, and a couple tomatos.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol! I eat too much spice. All my friends in Uni know me as having "mutated taste buds". Lol! no suttle flavors for me. give me the spice. There is a restaurant called Beijing hut near Uni, I go there with my friends and the guy makes me Kung bow Chicken Extra Spicy. lol! WICKED! My friend tried some from my plate last time and he started sweating from his scalp...I am sitting there mesmorized by the taste. lol!

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last night I made some stiry fry chicken with loads of red pepper flakes, coarse black pepper, garlic, lemon, and Jalapeno. It was so hot I thought I'd pass out but it was so good I ate it all! I don't know why it is whenever I get ahold of something REALLY insanely hot I just HAVE to eat more even though it hurts so good! Endorphin rush I guess.

I've never had a habanero, though. I'm not brave enough!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast