Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sensitive People

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Sensitive People

I have a bit of a rant. I would also like to hear your thoughts on the matter and similar situations.

I was at the mall yesterday. I needed new shoes, so I decided to stop by there. I’m not much of a shopper… I usually have an idea of what I need, I go in, get it, and pay.

I find a really nice pair of shoes at the department store, and I get in line to pay... I am not sure if others stores do this, but there are registers all over the store, usually a couple in each department. The store I went to had large circular desks, with the cashiers inside the “circle”. Each desk has a designated area where customers form the line. Instead of having a line form in front of each available cashier, there is a single line. The area is designated by a sign that states, “Line Starts Here”, which is found adjacent to the desk. So, people get in the line and as a cashier becomes available he/she calls “next” and the next person in line gets to go up and pay.

I’m better at drawing things than using words to explain certain things, so I made a picture:

There was no one in line, but all the cashiers were serving customers, so I got in the designated line area. One of the lady cashiers turns to me and calls out “Next”. Her spot on the desk was the farthest from the line (as shown in the picture) so it took some seconds to walk up to her. As I was walking up to her, this guy and his woman-friend (the blue star on the picture), who were right in that area, walk up to her as if they were next in line. We almost got to the cashier at the same time, but they got to her first.

Just then, all hell breaks loose:
    Cashier to the couple: “I’m sorry, but he was next.” (Referring to me)
    The Guy: “WHAT!? Are you serious?”
    Cashier: “Yes sir, the line starts over there.” (Points to the line area.)
    The Guy’s lady-friend drops her shoulders as if she’s surprised.
    The Guy: “OMFG! Are you serious!? I can’t believe this. We were waiting here.”
    Cashier: “Sir, you are going to have to get in line.”
    The Guy: “OMG, I can’t believe this. You know, I’m never coming back to this store again. I was waiting here!”
    The Guy’s lady friend: “Come on.”

All this time I am just standing there, next to them at the desk. The lady-friend walks towards the line and the guy turns around at me, shaking his head and walks away, leaving his lady-friend in the line. I pay and leave. This whole time the line was empty.

It’s not in my nature to correct anyone or suggest anything to anyone, especially people I don’t know. But this guy really pissed me off! He knew the line was completely empty. When the cashier told him that he had to wait, he completely acted like his rights were violated!!! What a !! All he had to do was wait for like 3 minutes and the next cashier would have been available. God! And it’s not like he couldn’t read the sign, for it was on a tall pole and contained large legible font.

I have experienced several scenarios where this happens, and it always boils my blood! If only some people could be a little more understanding…
    -Joel from Southern California

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    While it sucks when people do that, you should be glad you had such a responsive cashier! It's worse when you have to try to fend for yourself while the cashier just sits and watches.

Just be glad you're not involved with that relationship at all. LOL
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I wrote the following but never clicked submit.. hehe

I've had the exact scenario. EXCEPT! The star person walks up as the last person leaves, and as I get there say "I was next in line" and the cashier refers ME back to line and helps the star person... I once had a cashier take 3 (yes THREE) walk up people while I was standing in line. I spoke with that person's manager and I never saw that person there again.
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dunno dude...whenever stuff like this happens to me, I'm never afraid to assert my dominance. Yeah it might piss someone off, but they were 100% in the wrong, and it's not like you'll ever see them again
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it was sensitivity, I think it was the sense of entitlement. American retailers have turned consumers into spoiled child-gods. "The customer is always right" was a bad, bad idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Better than German retailers which have a mentality of "I'll help you when I want...IF I want"
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A "perfect" hotel rule
    "We deny no guests,even the most ridiculous request"
    Where that phrase come from ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged