Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: deer roping

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After I made the post above, I googled deer roping and got it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hats this fascination about killing and eating another animal: especially a wild one?
    take it your a vegitarian?
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

NICK,NICK,NICK!!!!! Indians....... likeAstone76's Avatar
    Kansas, on the plains with the tumbling tumble weeds
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very good story!

Whats this fascination about killing and eating another animal: especially a wild one?
    I wouldn't call it a fascination. I went out yesterday and bagged my limit on pheasant, and when I'm ripping into those pheasant fajitas, believe me, I will not be calling it a fascination.

Vegitarians kill bananas, SAVE THE BANANAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Here's to the first of the of the day fellas!! To old, D.H. Lawrence!!!!

Two flies one pitcher. Minus the crap eating. obregon562's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vegitarians kill bananas, SAVE THE BANANAS
    i know, i hate the whole "i dont eat living things" thing. What d'ya call plants? non-living?

i dont dis-like vegetarians, just a dumb rule.

ANYWAY...good story! had me goin'!
    "It's easy to rip on cops, when you aren't the one needing saving"

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have no issue with vegitarians....got a couple friends who are mostly vegitarian as they just dont like the taste of red meat but are fine with birds and fish.

as for a facination of killing something....no facination......its a messy process if done right....i mainly hunt for meat...generally kill more animals of the female persuation than males as they generally make better eating. i also occationally hunt for horns cause i generally need some salami and such and the quality of meat isnt as important as when your cutting steaks to fry on the grill....my wife, my stepdaughters and i are quite familiar with the whole process from pulling the trigger to cutting steaks and making sausage(both breakfast and polish). the girls have also been exposed to a working cattle ranch and all that goes with it. i am actually quite happy with the fact that at 9 and 12 both girls know where that nicely packaged meat layed out in a store comes from.
    cervid serial killer
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rattler_mt View Post
    i have no issue with vegitarians....got a couple friends who are mostly vegitarian as they just dont like the taste of red meat but are fine with birds and fish.

as for a facination of killing something....no facination......its a messy process if done right....i mainly hunt for meat...generally kill more animals of the female persuation than males as they generally make better eating. i also occationally hunt for horns cause i generally need some salami and such and the quality of meat isnt as important as when your cutting steaks to fry on the grill....my wife, my stepdaughters and i are quite familiar with the whole process from pulling the trigger to cutting steaks and making sausage(both breakfast and polish). the girls have also been exposed to a working cattle ranch and all that goes with it. i am actually quite happy with the fact that at 9 and 12 both girls know where that nicely packaged meat layed out in a store comes from.
    Anyone else getting hungry for a bacon burger? Washed down with some lamb (think gyro-style) mmmmm.
    - Daniel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a place for all of god's creatures.... it's right next to the mashed potatoes...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    also as far as out right killing....i do varmit and preditor control work for family and friends.......at my uncles' places i do my best to keep the ground squirril populations within 100 yards or so of their roads at sane levels other wise they would have to have the roads rebuilt every year do to the critters tunneling under the road bed. anything more than about 100 yards out is left alone. i also do some coyote hunting at their places though not much as they generally have their cows calving close to the house and its not so much of a worry. i will be thinning out the coyotes at the parents farm of one of the employees here at the paper this winter. they would like to raise some sheep again but the coyotes are to thick out at their place, they asked me to see what i can do to drop the population by about half. you will NEVER get rid of all the 'yotes, thats about impossible, besides you want some to keep the rabbits and other critters in check........just dont want so many around where your loosing to much livestock....always going to loose the occational one but at this point they dont even want to get any sheep in the spring cause the yotes are to thick......i pretty much leave foxes alone as they are mainly rabbit and mouse hunters, they sure wont bother a calf unless they are starving and doubt they would bug a sheep much.....
    cervid serial killer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast