Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-Compliance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nepenthes View Post
    Oh I know you said he was in the right... I just wanted to give him the legal ruling for his reference. I did not mean to come off as arguing with you, or anyone else for that matter.

Oh yea, they also say he can sue if they try to violate this specific right.
    gotcha.......working for a paper i deal with freedom of speech issues, though not as much as you would think cause its a right rarely messed with, atleast in Montana. deal far more with Montana's "Freedom of Information Act". actually what surprises me the most is alot of times when someone screams "its freedom of speach!"(though this time it is) they are either confused on the actual issue and its not the freedom of speech being screwed with its something else completely legal or they seem to think the constitutions guarranteed "freedom of speech" means "freedom od speech without consiquences"
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Non Compliance isn't a bad thing... Would you comply to the rules of slavery? Would you comply to internment camps of the Japanese? Would you comply to segregation? The word conform is pretty much interchangeable here.

Edit: I love your signature rattler... "Learn from history or repeat it folks"
    - Daniel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find this thread fascinating! No flames, only constructive discussion!

I would like to make the point, that regardless of his motivation, Nep Ak has the right to sit and stay silent. No one here seems to disagree with that. We've all moved on to questioning his true motives, beleaguering the true definition of patriotism and whatnot.

But we all agree he can sit and stay silent, yes?

This is a perfect example of "I disagree with what you say, but I support your right to say it."

Oh, and Nep Ak, pet peeve of mine - please get the their (possesive), there (location) and they're (they are) thing right! Sheesh!
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't conform! Do you want to tell your children you gave in, or do you want to tell them you stood up for your rights?

The only reason I never said the pledge was because God is in it. I believe in God now but I still won't say the pledge. If your beef is about God being in the pledge, but you don't have a problem with the rest of it, just don't say the word God. If you're beef is with saying the pledge period, don't say it! There's no question that sucking it up and saying the pledge would be the easy thing to do, but do you want to take the easy way out and sacrifice your values? It's up to you.
    Its standing for a pledge in higschool, clint. I never said ”say the pledge” I never said that “he should stand up”. I never said stand, I said remember standing does not mean saying the pledge. You can stand and still not say the pledge. But if you dont want to you dont have to... free country. I hardly think stating that is telling someone to give up their rights! If your just not standing because they want you to stand, that is wanting to be non conformist, and i think that a bit different than patriotism.
    that makes no logic

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't care WHY he doesn't want to stand. That's irrelevant. The facts are that he doesn't want to, they can't make him, and they are violating his rights. He could choose to sit because it's Thursday, or because he's too lazy to stand. Doesn't matter why he wants to stay seated, what does matter is that it's his right to do so.

The pledge is just a waste of time. It accomplishes NOTHING and is a bigger disruption in class than any one person sitting down could ever be. I ask you, did any of you feel moved everyday whenever you said the pledge? I know I didn't. I know that no one I know ever did. It was a mindless ritual that everyone performed for the SOLE reason that the people next to them did it, as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JLAP..............for the record some of the board members dont view it as a mindless ritual.......

as far as WHY he did it.............of course its relevant.....he is with in his rights not to.....no one has argued that.......however its also a situation of picking your damn battles.....more than one person on the forum has read into the story that the main reason he didnt do it is cause he doesnt want to conform to what ever standard he doesnt want to be held........great no problem, however by doing so you need to be damn well aware that you are shining a bright spotlight on yourself........if yah dont like the attention, or dont want to deal with the consequences of your actions knowing full wel even if your right your going to have a fight on your hands............well than its prolly best to go through the damn motions until your out on your own and away from all the crap.
    cervid serial killer
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they don't, that's fantastic. I've never met a kid that was thinking of the people who died for their country when they said the pledge. They were thinking about who to ask to homecoming or if they have herpes or not. They stand, say the pledge, and sit. That's that and no one I've ever seen do it cares. If it means something to you, that's great. I hope you say it every morning if it means that much to you.

The consequences he is receiving are illegal. He can not legally be made to stand or speak, and he can not legally receive punishment or be discriminated against for not doing so. This is not about accepting the consequences. There are no consequences for his actions that can be implemented legally. End of story. The only legal consequences are a few dirty looks and maybe his teacher liking him a little less. I think Cody's a big boy and can deal with that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clint, i like yah, but if you think there are no consequences just because something you did is legally right and what the other guy did is illegal........well than you dont have much real life experiance.....right or wrong there are consequences for every action you take....big, small.....illegal, legal........learning how to forsee most of these will go a long ways........even if you are right some fights just aint worth it.........
    cervid serial killer

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast