Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your thoughts on this photograph

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great photo. You'll have to be the judge of it, but I'd see how it looks if you cut off the bottom 1/4, at the bottom of the "bubble", so the tree isn't centered vertically. If you maintain the proportions, that'll take a lot off the sides. Maybe that's too much, so you might also see how it looks if you take off the bottom ~10%, at that segment in the column. And I absolutely would not do it in color - a shot like that begs for B&W.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    Are you telling me that's not photo shopped, but a natural reflection of a tree? Dude that's hella nice. What is that? A glass gazing ball or some lab ware or something?
    Yeah I didn't touch it. I dunno what it's called. Like when you put your hand on the bottom, water moves up it. I took some more pics along with that one, but they kinda show what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by herenorthere View Post
    Great photo. You'll have to be the judge of it, but I'd see how it looks if you cut off the bottom 1/4, at the bottom of the "bubble", so the tree isn't centered vertically. If you maintain the proportions, that'll take a lot off the sides. Maybe that's too much, so you might also see how it looks if you take off the bottom ~10%, at that segment in the column. And I absolutely would not do it in color - a shot like that begs for B&W.
    Thanks. I'll try editing it and see how it looks.

-Ben
    He who can, does. He who can't, teaches. -George Bernard Shaw
    I love these shirts!!!
    My Growlist
    My Webpage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks great! Hey, all photographers "edit" their photos - it doesn't compromise the piece at all. Especially an "art shot". Make it look the way you want, however you want. Keep it up - you have some talent.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea this photo definetaly deserves to be edited. Nice capture!
    I did some editing on Lightroom cause i don't have much of any thing to do and i havent taken many pictures lately Ive been pretty busy.
    Hope you dont mind.

sharpened it, added some contrast, darkened the shadows a bit upped the exposer a little..

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ... very nice! I definitely prefer that one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your edit makes my original photo look like crap. Lol, now whenever I look at my pic, it's all fuzzy. Ah well, thanks for editing it.

-Ben
    Last edited by Drosera36; 11-11-2007 at 07:54 PM. Reason: re worded
    He who can, does. He who can't, teaches. -George Bernard Shaw
    I love these shirts!!!
    My Growlist
    My Webpage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a nice edit, but it would have been impossible without your original. You saw something most people would never see. That's art. Keep working on the art and on the craftsmanship of photography and you'll do fine. Plenty of people get the technical part, but the art is what separates the great photographers.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12