Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: sad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sad

In Japan they are killing dolphins for a sport and to eat ! That is cruel save the dolphins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love animals so if you like cps too than think of the suffering animals like cps getting poached for fun not good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea I heard about this... Supposedly it's a Japanese custom, and efforts by foreigners to stop them have been met with aggression by Japanese fisherman. The authorities even protect the fishermen by fencing areas off, to block the view of the killings. Some mountains and hillsides are completely blocked off, so as to prevent people from taking pictures of the kills. They also tent off the areas to cover the blood red water. Some Japanese tradition...
    - Daniel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if its a tradition or a custom. i dont see it as cruel at all. its part of your culture. you wonder how people in japan see us when we kill millions of turkeys for one day and eat them. you cant "hate" on culture until you look at some of the traditions and cumtoms in your own...
    Alex

EDIT: another example. the Inuits(eskimos) in the arctic hunt the endangered(am i right?) Narwhal. we may see it as cruel...but to them its just about as normal as us when its deer season.
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No different than killing a chicken or a cow, morrally speaking.
    What Glider says is true; its all about culture. To them, dolphins are probably just big, aqautic chickens.
    What is sad is when people kill animals for a sport. That to me is wrong. It's ok to kill dolphins for food, but killing them just for fun and wasting the bodies is messed up.
    I just hope they aren't doing it so much that they are endangering them. They probably are, which encourages me to go and do some more research.

Edit: Yes they are....stupid people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dolphin is a fish,a Porpoise is a mammal.So which one is it,it makes a differance.

Jerry

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess the difference to me is that animals like cattle, chickens and turkeys are raised on farms specifically for the food market with breeding programs to replenish the supply. Dolphins on the other hand are just being taken from the sea, depleting their numbers.

China ranks as the number one country for importation of endangered species because of the "culture" of mystical medicines (ground tiger paw, elephant feet, rare turtle shells, etc.). The black market is rife with cruelty that would never be tolerated in the U.S. Their government looks the other way because is medical tradition.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dolphin is a fish
    Time to go back to 8th grade biology class
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dolphin=mahi mahi, phission korps
    Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast