User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do they sell an "arial water trough" for lizards?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do they sell an "arial water trough" for lizards?

Hey folks,
    I've added some new driftwood in my anole terrarium and there's a depression in the new piece which holds maybe a couple tablespoons worth of water if I mist heavily. I noticed the anole soaking in it tonight but being such a small amount it doesn't last long once he gets in it so I was thinking that maybe I would get a water basin. I'm wondering if they have one that has suction cups ir a hook to allow for being suspended for arboreal lizards? I wanted a hanging one cos he's never on the ground except to nab a cricket, he doesn't even swallow it until he gets back on his perch so I figure he'd likely be more interested in it if it were up by his perch near the lights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anoles like drinking mist more then from a basin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i had to put a minute air bubbler (more like blaster) in my water bowl to get them interested... and mostly they drank the splattered water drops.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I understand that anoles drink mist from plant leaves, I won't give up misting his tank (the plants love the twice daily rains) so he'll be able to drink "dew" as usual.

But what I was saying is that lately my anole has been liking to soak (not drink) the water that gets caught in the depression in the driftwood from misting. So I thought I'd get him something that held more than a tablespoon of water so he could really "get his feet wet" when he felt like it, and I figured a water trough to soak in that was above ground might keep the crickets from finding and drowning in it.

Anwyay, I posted this quetion like a week ago so I've had time to hunt around local pet shops and I haven't found any water troughs that have suction cups for wall mounting so It looks like I'll be making my own or buying a generic one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only just noticed this or I would have replied earlier.

Check kingsnake.com under the classified section, they have a bunch of reptile equipment type things, might find something there.

Cheaper alternative is to get a piece of plexi And get it cut at as a right triangle and then silicone it into the corner at a slight upward angle. Not very natural looking but you can spread silicon over the surface and then "glue" sand or peat or gravel to it first.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At a local pet store a couple weeks ago I saw a rain dripper thingy in the reptile section. It was like a 6 x 4 x 4 inch tank with a nipple on the bottom and some tubing and flow restricters. I guess it's similar to a drip watering system. If it works as advertised it might be easier than misting by had twice a day.

http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...ductId=2752587

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, my cousin has a veiled chameleon and she got one of those drippers however you still gotta have a water basin to catch the drippings or you flood the bottom of the tank. I also have a big wooden hood full of lights over the tank that inhibits anything being set atop the glass.

I like mistng anyway cos sometimes the anole likes the "rain" and comes out to get a shower, he looks so contented with his eyes shut and head to one side when he allows being misted. I can officially call it a "he" cos yesterday he was dancing (bobbing?) and expanding his neck flap at a mushroom or some kind of rounded orange fungal growth (that really more or less resembled a kenel of corn) that had popped out of the new driftwood in his faveorite perch spot.

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, the interactive element certainly makes the activity of misting enjoyable.

Actually I was thinking of picking the dripper up to use on my Darlingtonia. I could probably pick the parts up for around $3.00 DIY but the trick would be finding them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast