Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: photo thief?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PlantAKiss View Post
    Well his punctuation in unprofessional on his site (saw many errors) AND he allows advertising for The Fly Trap Farm who is known to field collect their flytraps and most likely the other plants native to their area. Anyone who runs ads for FTF is a bad bone in my book.
    ROFL. I was checking out their website and this is what it says at the top of their page (in all caps).

"Save the habitat! Industries and construction are destroying the delicate bogs and wetlands where carnivorous plants grow. Click here for information how to stop this!"

Lol, I guess they want to harvest all the plants and destroy the habitat first. It's pretty hypocritical of them, if they in fact field harvest.
    - Daniel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this guy has now come up with the goods by complying with my request re copyright so due credit to him, case closed
    Stephen
    Sarracenia rosea?...don't be ridiculous!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PlantAKiss View Post
    Well his punctuation in unprofessional on his site (saw many errors) AND he allows advertising for The Fly Trap Farm who is known to field collect their flytraps and most likely the other plants native to their area. Anyone who runs ads for FTF is a bad bone in my book.
    Just the fact that they can't manage to take a pic of one of their own plants doesn't inspire confidence ...
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a Number View Post
    It looks like that is a Google ad feed. If it is then FTF could potentially show up as Google ad here.

NEGATIVE. As the one hosting google ads, you have the ability to filter out ads by anyone you want... that vendor is already on my block list... Has been since the 3rd week or so of setting up the advertising.

Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, I guess they want to harvest all the plants and destroy the habitat first. It's pretty hypocritical of them, if they in fact field harvest.
    Fly Trap Fram does IN FACT field collect as they have told me so and made no bones about it. They hire what they call "fly trap farmers" who they claim have been collecting VFTs for income for generations. They claim the "farmers" have permits to do so but I doubt if FTF ever checks to see WHERE the VFTs have come from. We exchanged a few emails back and forth and they made no apologies for their practices. I don't know about their other plant offerings but the fact that they sell numerous plants native to their location makes me wonder. If they take VFTs from the wild...why not P. caerulea or D. capillaris.

I HOPE no Google ads for FTF show up here.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    See prior post
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never really considered trying to make money off the photos I take of my plants, so I just made them public domain. I respect the rights of photographers, but I'm no pro, and would actually be happy to find my photos popping up somewhere. But then, I make that clear on every post I make. Nobody should ever take anyone's photos without permission!!

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I noticed that the party in question, -- Mr. Crespo does have YET ANOTHER site in which the photos of the plants for sale were stolen from yet another online retailer... I know, no URLS are allowed to be posted, but just had to share that... if you do some Googlin' you may be able to see for yerself.

Man, this guy stoops pretty low (It's FRIQUIN' LAME!!!)

RL 7836 -- you are right, just the fact that he can't take photos of his own plants is cause for concern...

Garden of Eden, -- your Ceph photo was also on his other site, but the copyright symbol is on it as well...

I think i will notify the party of whom he stole from... thats just not right...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast