Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webpage help

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Webpage help

I'm hoping that someone with more webpage design knowledge can help me out.
    I have very little knowledge, never take the time, but can usually somehow make my pages work the way I want them to.
    My CP pages are in dire need of a make over. So I've been playing around to get them the way I like.
    I use Firefox for my browser. I was half way throw changing pages when I decided to open a page up in Internet Exploder. It did just that. My header bar is not visible and my pictures are shifted to the left. The pages look great in Firefox.
    Here's a link to the only page I've changed so far on my server.
    Any ideas of what I need to do to make the page appear correctly in Internet Exploder?

http://mysite.verizon.net/elgecko198...sitanicum.html

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the ants making the title!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks ok to me.

Jerry

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Played around with it a little more.
    I've got my header color to show up now.

My problem now is getting my pictures on the auto stretch table to stay centered in IE. The table for the pics shifts to the left. This may or may not be as noticeable depending on the resolution that your screen is set to.

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been through the same problems you have described here. As much as I hate it, it seems that building my pages while using IE to review seems to offer better results. Firefox and Opera both seem to be able to handle anything that first looks good with IE. Watch the preference settings you use in Firefox while you build. If you have increased your font size for viewing, everything might be fine and just appear to be outta whack due to your personalized settings with the browser. Opera offers better viewing and dithering capabilities than Firefox, I check my pages with the four most popular browsers before publishing them. IE and Netscape are both bottom of the barrel trash for browsers, Firefox is good, Opera is top notch….

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well...the problem is that different browsers use different rendering engines. In-fact I am surprised becos IE normally does everything and firefox gives issues with borders showing up where they shouldn't and so on.

What are u using to create this website?
    Are u using frontpage?
    If frames arent working (they should) try making a table..... and then create an inline frame inside the table:

for instance...this is a website I created a while ago: www.flankertraining.com/ironhand

on the main page u will see a mini frame with updates.

If u are using Frontpage it is easy, just go to insert HTML component and u will see inline frame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's better to design for Firefox (really to design for standards-compliance, where browsers like Firefox and Opera excel), and then hack as needed for IE. That way your website is forward-compatible rather than backward-compatible.

My problem now is getting my pictures on the auto stretch table to stay centered in IE. The table for the pics shifts to the left. This may or may not be as noticeable depending on the resolution that your screen is set to.

I see the table stretching and centering. I guess you've fixed it already?

It would help if you mentioned browser versions for troubleshooting too, because IE 6 and IE 7 are very different beasts.

And I'm so so glad you aren't using Frontpage. It's a plague that needs to be wiped off the face of the earth.

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    whats sooo wrong with frontpage? Its a wicked tool to make sites in a jiffy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast