What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another terrarium mystery - pic attached

Well, so far I've had a lizard pop up, some crazy fungoids that we all figured were "gorgonian slime molds" (which have returned a couple times lasting only a day each time). Now about once a week I've been finding these things, I assumed them to be funguses also because they were on wood the last times, now today there's one on a fern leaf, so I gotta ask, does anyone know what this is:

unknown.jpg

It looks like an egg about 1 cm long, yes, yellow like this, with something dark in the middle of it, my lizard is a male (AFAIK cos of the dewlap) and besides even if it were a female it wouldn't be sexually mature at only a few months old, my books say 9 months to breeding age. But they don't mention laying sterile eggs, snce there is just the one lizard here.

Anyone have any ideas? Is there a rogue adult cricket laying giant eggs? This time I'm leaving the thing where it is so I can watch it, before I'd blast them with a stream from my water mister and they'd tumble into the soil media never to be seen again. Whatever they are they stick where they're put quite well.

How about a housefly or other winged invader egg? Just guessing...

If it turns out to be a Ymir, please send it to me, I'll pay postage.

Ozzy, have some sulfur handy.

Swords, are you sure you haven't been eating Jelly Bellies while feeding your anole?

it almost looks like a green beans' bean...???

cut it open...see whats inside!

Whatever it was fell off the leaf and vanished (or changed color), I'll have to wait til next time to cut one open.

female anoles have dewlaps and will display them as well.

Keep it in a little jar and see what happens... :)

alien life forms = getting close to time to clean the terrarium.

'Hey....:-)) It's one of the nasty popcorn-flavored Jelly Bellys

Reminds of an monstrous bot egg.

Just a flashback from my old horse days...

Ohhhhhh...I just saw this
It's one of the nasty popcorn-flavored Jelly Bellys

Hey now!! Those are my favorite Jelly Bellys!

Back