What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nasa Secret Photo Album

there are no laws of physics ruling out the possibility of time travel

The laws of physics aren't 100% - they don't seamlessly cover everything, and develop serious errors in extreme situations. Physicists know this, which is why they're searching for a Grand Unified Theory which doesn't have this problem. Note that all of the examples involve the impossible (rotating the universe), the infinite (and infinitely big ____), or wormholes (which have never even once been observed and we have no proof they even exist at all).

Finally, even if time travel is possible, it didn't happen to this guy's buddy. If it had, he'd have more to show for it than a bunch of faked dinosaur photos.

I'm by far a scientist from NASA, but wouldn't two moons, that close to the earth flood the entire planet twice a day from the tides? Life forms with lungs can only drown once a day comfortablly.

Yes, yes they would.

Because scientists are safely tucked away in their headquarters while Johnny Joe from the Trailer Park is working a dead-end job on his night shift outside a power plant quietly tucked next to a forest.

Headquarters? Since when do scientists have headquarters?

It is 100 percent possible to go back in time, and I shall explain how.

Wrong. In your thought-experiment, nobody travels *back*, they just travel forward at different rates. No dinosaurs.

although today we have lasers that actually do travel faster than light so I'm not sure how this theory is still holding true...

The speed of light *in a vacuum* is constant and the limit, but light can be slowed down or sped up in certain media (cesium gas, for example) because it "jumps" (called quantum tunneling) instantly from one point to the next, effectively 'cheating'. Without any way of 'jumping' (which, by the way, cannot work for anything bigger than an electron), light is limited to c, 3 x 10^8 m/s.

Mokele

Hey Mokele,

Been a while since I did any quantum physics reading so I may be in error but aren't tachyons supposed to be "bigger" than electrons?

Also, re: the 2 moons... Not that I am saying the pics are correct (I think my opinion on that was pretty clear) but 2 moons would not "flood the world". Yes there would be combined gravitational tug and tides could be higher when the 2 moons worked synergistically but for the gravitational tug to be large enough to pull water up to the highest peaks would require moons larger/more massive than Earth itself. And then the gravitational tug when the moons were "non-synergistic" would probably tear Earth apart...

Been a while since I did any quantum physics reading so I may be in error but aren't tachyons supposed to be "bigger" than electrons?

Technically, they're any particle, of any size, which moves faster than light.

They're also never once been observed, meaning they could well be a mathematical fiction.

but 2 moons would not "flood the world". Yes there would be combined gravitational tug and tides could be higher when the 2 moons worked synergistically but for the gravitational tug to be large enough to pull water up to the highest peaks would require moons larger/more massive than Earth itself. And then the gravitational tug when the moons were "non-synergistic" would probably tear Earth apart...

Remember, though, the gravity drops of by the square of distance. If the moons are as close as depicted, they've have many times the gravitational power of the current one.

And while I doubt they'd manage any structural effect on the solid Earth, it's not without precedent - Io's persistent volcanic activity is mostly due to the massive tidal forces exerted by jupiter.

Mokele

Mokele

Never let it be said, however, that relativity cannot explain anything useful:

Mokele

We all know the Government hides secets from us. We all know aliens have mastered space travel. Dont forget about Einstines theory Time is space over continum. This video really got my attention. Its supposively a top secert nasa photo album. Something that sounds fake, but something about it seems so real. Talks about the face on mars and a civilization that once lived there. Anyways, watch this and tell me it dosn't make you wounder. Time and space travel, evolution, the truth, Humans and purpose

It's total rubbish. It makes me wonder how some people can believe in such nonsense....

Back