Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Putting American freedoms in perspective

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Putting American freedoms in perspective

I think we all really take for granted the freedoms we have in this country.

Take a look at this story:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7119399.stm

Video:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/c...&bbram=1&asb=1

What I don't understand is why is it wrong for the children to name the teddy bear Muhammad yet people are allowed to bare the name Muhammad?
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's mad isn't it?

One of the children suggested Mohammed because he was called Mohammed. And so that's what the bear was named.

I'm sure God is absolutely appalled by the absolutely shocking crime of a 7 year old naming the class bear after him. Never mind murderers or rapists - it's the purpertrators of cuddly toy hate crimes that are surely destined to burn in hell forever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dont you see this is what the sudanese government wants you to focus on so your not looking as they kill thousands in Darfur. The government is probably like finally something to distract them from our genocide.

As for the naming of the bear Muhammad its like when Catholics name their kids Jesus and some people get offended. Any thing that has to do with religion has the possibility to cause offense. In this case I believe it is the government trying to shift some focus off its truely heinous crimes against humanity on to lesser offenses against free speech.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw this and thought it was ridiculous – she let the children pick the name. But what more would you expect from a government that threatened to declare jihad against UN peacekeeping forces?

I saw in one news story that while it may be a common muslim male name ( you hear of many muslim men with the name Muhammad ), it is offensive to some to put the name on an animal… real or otherwise. How accurate that was, i dont know.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know anyone who gets offended with kids being named Jesus...and I live in the southwest...there are a loooooooooooooooooooooot of Jesuses (Jesii?) running around.

Either way, this is pretty ridiculous. People need to harden up and stop being such whiny babies about everything. Its a name. Its kids. Its a teddy bear. Anyone who finds offense in that is mentally ill.
    Last edited by xvart; 11-29-2007 at 06:56 PM. Reason: sensitivity
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If this wasn't a secular nation (in writing at least), we'd be dealing with the same sort of lunacy here. Too many people out there are eager to forget that that's where those freedoms come from.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you expect? It's Sudan. It's not like they have a nice track record. And I'm not picking on Sudan, there are a LOT of countries I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. Iran is a great example. Saudi Arabia has horrible laws,too, yet we have to trade with them for the time being.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by endparenthesis View Post
    If this wasn't a secular nation (in writing at least), we'd be dealing with the same sort of lunacy here. Too many people out there are eager to forget that that's where those freedoms come from.
    The freedoms come from secularism or from the ideals that the Christian founding father's brought? I'm not sure if this is news to some secularists but Christians aren't out for global domination.
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast