User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A dark millenium is ahead - look at this!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Id prefer to see atleast a fraction of the huge increase in military research spending of late transferred over to the civilian sectors and the NSF, so they can get reasonable increases in their bugets too. The military research may make us a military powerhouse, but the research on everything else is what makes the country tick.
    that makes no logic

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wny can't we just arm wrestle to settle disputes? Here's my solution: Head honcho of one country arm wrestles head honcho of country of antagonistic country. Loser best 2 out of 3) takes winner out to best restaurant in loser's country. End of dispute! Keep the 18 year olds home!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good idea Jim - it could have collateral benefits. Maybe football broadcasters would drop the war analogies and begin to use arm wrestling lingo instead. Is there an arm wrestling lingo?
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimscott View Post
    Wny can't we just arm wrestle to settle disputes? Here's my solution: Head honcho of one country arm wrestles head honcho of country of antagonistic country. Loser best 2 out of 3) takes winner out to best restaurant in loser's country. End of dispute! Keep the 18 year olds home!

I've always wanted to see GWB in a fight. Just one fight. I bet if it was televised he'd lose half of his base in a single swoop when they saw what a wuss he'd be. Bravado just wouldn't work after that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I say we have MMA style fights, the first one to get knocked out or tap out loses and only the politicians get bloodied not any one else. I personally want to see Chancellor Merkel kick GWB in the head.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12