User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A dark millenium is ahead - look at this!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A dark millenium is ahead - look at this!

I just saw this on the news and had to look for it online, check out this video news story on the armys new Warhammer 40,000 space marine body armor/robo suits:

http://www.engadget.com/2007/11/25/s...ening-reality/

The current model more resembles the mecha loader from Alien 2 but a lot more agile. I can't help but think the upcoming suits were at least minimally influenced by WH40K At the end of the video is the protype sculpts of the next gen suits covered in armor,etc.

In the grim darkness of the future, there is only eternal war...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's hard to see how the US can afford all the military technology it's developing or how it'll maintain the supply lines, etc needed to actually use it. We can't even claim to be in an arms race - it's more like arms solitaire. Americans invest in military technology, bloated houses and enhanced iPods while other nations invest in productive things. It's no wonder that our dollars are in a tailspin.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that does look like we might become a little 'war machine'-like, but I doubt it'll get out of hand.

However, if you're really into this kinda stuff you should really read Naomi Wolf's book about how the US is showing all of the signs of a strong country turning into a Fascist country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JOHN CONNAAAAA!!!!!!!
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FarmerDave View Post
    However, if you're really into this kinda stuff you should really read Naomi Wolf's book about how the US is showing all of the signs of a strong country turning into a Fascist country

This video was worth watching (though redundant if you've read the book I'm sure):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjALf12PAWc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, being a Warhammer 40K art fan, I must admit I thought it was kinda cool!

I saw Mrs. Wolf on the Colbert Report, she wasn't saying anything new to me but if her book is merely about drawing paranoid connections between specific events and non-democratic philosophies we could probably do that all thoughout our countries history. We were founded by hemp growing christian slave owners who wanted to be free...

However, if we've got soldiers tromping around in these things, a modern civilian militia will really need to be similarliy, eh, impressive! Muskets and NRA sticks won't cut it against space marines! lol!

I'm getting started building my AT-AT asap....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very interesting, and I'm particularly intrigued by the low noise level and small size. Have they said what it uses as "muscles"?

I'm skeptical of the the autonomous aspects, though - I work in animal locomotion, and there is a LOT of control as numerous levels, far more difficult than simply following a user's motion. We'll get there eventually, but the challenges are not insubstantial.

Mokele
    \"With malleus aforethought, mammals got an earful of their ancestor's jaw.\"
    --J. Burns, on the evolution of auditory ossicles.

Stop having a boring tuna, stop having a boring life! neon-eon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couldn't watch it cause my computer was being a tard...but...It would be so cool if Japan invaded us with killer battle Honda Asimos's with flamethrowers, and we totaly destroyed them with our robot suits! I bet we could totaly destroy an Asimo army lol!...but on a more serious note, I'll see if I can watch the video tomorrow...

-thanks for sharing
    -Gabe
    -No matter what you do with your life, I still care about you. -Mr P.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast