Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone here workout?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had been thinking of weightlifting for awhile, but this year I really got serious. I have been going regularly for several months now, and I must admit I really enjoy it, something that came as a surprise for me. Im in the ‘novice’ phase, and will be for awhile, but im trying to capitalize on my beginners gains. I had a very physically demanding job this summer that monopolized all my time and energy, but during the course of it I went from 195 and squishy to 170 and not squishy, lost 25 pounds of body fat (REALLY physically demanding job with long hours) and picked up the weights shortly after I ended my job. Been making great gains in strength, as beginners tend to do, and I am very pleased to be seeing results. Im 175 now and am slowly starting to see shadows of my abs for the first time in my life. This is one of the best things I have ever done for myself, lifting the weights helps me blow off steam- its one thing I know that I am going to stick with for a very long time.
    that makes no logic

Stop having a boring tuna, stop having a boring life! neon-eon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I totally know what you mean finch...I would never have thought that going to the gym could be enjoyable...It's a really good anti depressent for me personally...with my tourettes, I tend to have a lot of mood swings, but I'm always happy at the gym...and I just feel more confident about myself in general when I'm there...My dad always says that you're the happiest when you're busy or active, and never has he been more right!
    -No matter what you do with your life, I still care about you. -Mr P.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, the gym is enjoyable
    you just have to stick with it.
    a little info,
    I jump on the treadmill for a mile as a muscle warmup.
    I hit both free weights and the machines.
    I have gone from 190 lbs, to 155 in a year.
    I cut out a lot of high carb snacks, and soda.
    I eat about 8 times a day, balanced meals.
    Good high quality food, as in tastes good and is healthy, is a must.
    Yes, healthy food does taste good!!!
    you can get spiced skinless chicken on sale,
    t-bone steak,
    low fat burgers,
    don't eat out a lot.
    in america we learn all the worst eating habits, change them.
    I have found healthy food is good to eat.
    cook your own meals.
    sorry if I sound like a fanatic.
    peace,
    Zero
    SK-8 OR DIE

growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want to work abs, roman chairs are the way to go. If you're real skinny you can use some weights on your abs, but if you're a larger person, you honestly don't need any more bulk in that area (advice from Jay Cutler). The BB's w/ the best abs in the world hit roman chairs until they pass out :P. Like Arnold, I don't go for reps, I go for time. Arnold did 10 mins straight as a warmup...I can only hit about 4 if I'm lucky.

While carbs are good, its easy to overload on carbs, so inhaling pasta is a bad idea. You need and optimal of fats/carbs/protein to see good gains, and pasta just doesn't have the protein to back up the carb punch. It can also really mess up your blood sugar if you're older or are sensitive to that kind of thing....

Burgers are good, but turkey burgers are better. Cut out red meat if you can. Turkey and chicken has less protein but is way better for you (less fat/sat. fat/etc). If you have to have red meat (even though its expensive) go with bison.

Finch from your body type, you can easily overeat. Make sure to count things and not go off the charts. People like me need to consume in the area of 6k calories a day to see gains, but with your body type, you don't need to concentrate on bulking like I would.

zero- hit a hardcore bulk, then cut.

neon-eon.....cut.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SK-8 OR DIE

growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So… are you saying your mad zero? haha, im kidding...

phissionkorps - yeh im trying to eat clean and solid- I cut out all the crap. My body fat is still going down an im making gains in the weights still so im thinking I must be doing something right!
    that makes no logic

Stop having a boring tuna, stop having a boring life! neon-eon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've tried cutting the fatty food over and over again since my freshmen year, but I haven't managed to make it past a week before returning to my old ways...plus every time I take my night meds, my cravings get really bad so I'll sometimes be up at midnight inhaling everything in the kitchen...Havn't done that in a few weeks since my dad layed down some rules, but I know i'm bound to return...It's unfortunate, but I don't get really full that easily...It takes about four servings before I feel the slightest bit full...it sucks though, because I know that with the amount of exercise I get, I could easily lose some weight in my stomache, but my eating habits are holding me back...
    -No matter what you do with your life, I still care about you. -Mr P.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    finch, no I'm not madjust crazy
    just a pic. I tend to look like that when I'm flexing.
    neon-eon, there are lots of foods out there that are good for you, and fill you up.
    on being full, I have to admit, as a small guy it doesn't take much to fill me up.
    on the other hand, I am getting used to being hungry, it's how I lost weight.
    I get to eat about 7-9 times a day right now, though not huge, stuff my stomach, meals.
    your stomach should shrink, with less eating.
    experiment with foods.
    healthy food tastes good today.
    It didn't used to be like that.
    SK-8 OR DIE

growlist

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast