Good thread, thanks for posting.
How about some packing methods for some of the bigger stuff?
Like older mature Nep's and Sarr's loaded with fat and tall pitchers?
Or even mature orchids in bloom, any ideas, can it happen?
It's always spooked me so I've never done it.
I'll be more confident if I can learn more of these bullet proof methods.
Some of the methods many of you may take for granted leave a non-experienced shipper like myself in the dark.
The photos and detailed explanations here work great! Thanks for sharing........
yeah if the nepenthes is small put the whole plant inside and I still cant figure out how
to ship a sarracenia
Easy way to ship Sarrs:
1) Uproot and wash away all media from the plant.
2) Roll out 60cm of SaranWrap
3) Wrap Sarr rhizome/roots in damp (not wet, should not be dripping) sphag.
4) Place Sarr with sphag ball about 1/3 of the way up the short dimension of the SaranWrap and 1/4 of the distance from the side.
5) Fold the 1/4 length over the Sarr
6) Fold the 1/3 height over the bottom of the Sarr
7) Roll the whole thing up.
8) Stick in box
9) Ship box via Priority mail
This method will keep the Sarr happy for at least 1 week in transit. And the big benefit is that you do not have to thrash the pitchers.
'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'
See You Space Cowboy
Copy/ Paste, Copy/Paste.......
I'm loggin this into my files ....great stuff, thanks.
You guys might want to consider cleaning this thread up and making a sticky post outta it.
Attached photos would be complimentary to this info as well.
Who knows, it might help enhance the quality of a plant any of you may receive someday.