Likes Likes:  0
Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul 2008 Revolution

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    MMMkay, I think the concern was that with differences is the perception of deficit. Differences do not equal deficit on their own but the fear is it leaves the door open for the perception, something that as human beings are somewhat wired to do. With acknowledged differences, it creates room for 2 entities, one will be, in the mind, “us” and the other will be “them”, and in-group out-group bias takes it from there, with a preference for us over them. One will be “better” for whatever reason. If it is or not is more of a matter of opinion and your beliefs than anything else. And that’s fine.
    lol, wut?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gay marriage = NOT a political issue. Especially with so much worse to worry about (our godawful economy for one)
    How about we just call it marriage, and everyone can shut the hell up. I honestly could not care less what gay people want to do, unless it infriges on someone else's rights. If you don't like gay marriage, you can take a long walk off a short pier, since it has nothing to do with you at all. I don't like lots of things (anyone here that knows me can attest to that, lol), but honestly, if 99% of the world turned gay and got married, I wouldn't care, as long as there were some hot women for me to love on.

Now, my sister is gay, and if I accidentally have some illegitimate child (which is at least semi likely), she wants it. And guess what...she's gunna get it! She'd certianly love it more than I would (I realllllyyyyyyy don't like kids).
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I said

Creating two entities by their existence implies they are not equal, end even if the intent is for them to be equal they tend to not end up that way.

*ninja post!*

but phissionkorps is right. Lets move the topic along.

New topic: tissue paper. Ready, go.

Im running low, i think.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rattler_mt View Post
    so Outsiders.........................a strait couple, that are married that adopt kids cause they cant have any of their own due to medical reasons arent a family either?
    Good question. Let me try to be clear about this. Women and men are DIFFERENT. I believe the ideal family should consist of one man and one woman as the head of the family. The two in sense make one complete unit to make children and to raise children. I believe it takes the two different sexes to raise a child, everything female about the mother and everything male about the father.

Now to answer you question, I believe a family defined as I have, that adopt children because they can't have their own are still a family. It's about having a mother and a father as the head of the household. I don't think it's appropriate for a child to be adopted into a gay couple's "family".

The obvious attack to this response is "married people get divorced", and yes this is true and my parents have been divorced since the age of 4. However I still have seen both parents and have been raised by both parents. I am a product of both parents, both genetically and the person I am today.

Rattler:

Do you believe gay couples can provide a healthy environment for developing children?
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I said

Creating two entities by their existence implies they are not equal, end even if the intent is for them to be equal they tend to not end up that way.
    "

*Ms. Swan voice* Well say what you mean, don't mean what you say.

Okay, seriously now...

Oh, I thought you were making a comment on politics in general. With the clarification: Hell yeah. Well said sir.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    I said

How can it not be equal if it's stated in the U.S. law that a civil union is to be recognized as having the same legal rights as a marriage? There is no option for inequality and if legal rights were denied, the denier would be in a courtroom faster than Speedy Gonzales.
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you believe gay couples can provide a healthy environment for developing children?
    cant be any worse than some of the straight households ive seen............a normal man and woman marriage can f'up a kid pretty bad..............the idea of a marriage be tween two ppl of the same sex doesnt even raise my eyebrow........and i do believe they can take care of a kid atleast aswell as a f'ed up heterosexual couple, hell they can prolly do alot better than some. i live on an indian reservation and have seen some of the most screwed up family values out there..........if a gay couple love each other, want to get married and raise a kid as their own? what the hell why not.......a loving environment can only be a good one......chances are the kid who comes out of it will be alot more grounded than most
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How can it not be equal if it's stated in the U.S. law that a civil union is to be recognized as having the same legal rights as a marriage? There is no option for inequality and if legal rights were denied, the denier would be in a courtroom faster than Speedy Gonzales.
    Who said anything about the law, i was talking about perception. And the law is inherently about perception, interpertation. Judicial history tells that tale. I dont have a problem not calling at marriage. do or dont, if you get the same legal rights why do you need it to be called marriage? perception, thats why. They want to be seen as married in they eyes of people and the law, and thats why many feel that 'civil union' is not good enough. Frankly i dont really give a hoot one way or the other because it does not affect me, but i understand where they are coming from.

____

I dont like those lotion tissue papers, they feel greasy...
    that makes no logic