Likes Likes:  0
Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul 2008 Revolution

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWurm View Post
    The perception develops that they are unequal. With that, they become unequal. Equality is nothing more than a perception.
    So you're suggesting that for self-esteem reasons that we should lie and pretend that the two unions are the same? They're not the same and some gays actually prefer civil union because they can recognize what they have is different. Not everything has to be the SAME, and that doesn't mean they AREN'T EQUAL.

You can choose to not accept them as loving people even if they're "married." Although, I hope that some day, you finally realize that it's just better if you accept people for who they are.
    I hope that someday you would stop assuming to know how I feel about gays because you're completely wrong. They have the free will to do what they please and I would advocate for them to have the same legal rights, HOWEVER I don't think it should be called "gay marriage" because marriage is defined as one man and one woman, not only legally, but historically and spiritually and has since the beginning of man.
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outsiders71 View Post
    So you're suggesting that for self-esteem reasons that we should lie and pretend that the two unions are the same? They're not the same and some gays actually prefer civil union because they can recognize what they have is different. Not everything has to be the SAME, and that doesn't mean they AREN'T EQUAL.
    Separate but equal is a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Outsiders71 View Post
    I hope that someday you would stop assuming to know how I feel about gays because you're completely wrong. They have the free will to do what they please and I would advocate for them to have the same legal rights, HOWEVER I don't think it should be called "gay marriage" because marriage is defined as one man and one woman, not only legally, but historically and spiritually and has since the beginning of man.
    It is foolish to follow tradition for tradition's sake. Change can be good. In this case, it would be great.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And using anything spiritual to make an argument for a decision, no matter what it may be, in the public sector is absurd. It's irrelevant. If marriage was all that spiritual, the divorce rate wouldn't be 50% What is this, Saudi Arabia?

Why is it that so many support a ban on gay marriage, yet so few propose a ban on divorce? Why is it that some of the same supporters of a federal marriage amendment have been divorced themselves? Where is this "sanctity"? I think marriage lost any "sanctity" as soon as the government stepped in in the first place. It then became a legal contract. Now I don't know about you guys, but nothing says turn off like a prenup!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ron Paul.

While you may not agree with everything he stands for, if you put him side by side with the rest of the candidates, he really is our last chance to restore the republic.
    Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont know if i could keep as cool as Outsiders71 is being in this case. Lets try not to make assumptions.
    You can choose to not accept them as loving people even if they're "married." Although, I hope that some day, you finally realize that it's just better if you accept people for who they are.
    People can accept all these and still come to different conclusions
    that makes no logic

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I HAVE to give credit where credit is due. This is not the first time Outsiders has been in a debate against several members at once, but he definitely conducts himself in a respectful manner and holds his ground on his positions (no matter how much I disagree with them) and I have to respect that. Many would feel cornered and lash out in a position like that, but he has indeed always remained more or less calm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    As far as the comment of why we compare our movement to the AA's fight for their rights, it's because, while it pales in comparison, it's similar enough to compare it to.
    The AA's got their rights, but their acceptance wasn't handed to them in the law. They went through some pretty hard times. What makes you think that gay couples deserve anything more than rights legally?

If you believe it's not appropriate for gays to raise a child, do you believe it's inappropriate for a single parent to raise a child? Neither have both sexes involved.
    Yes, I believe that kind of scenario is lacking too.

Do you believe it's better for a child to be bounced from foster home to foster home, than to be adopted into a loving family by a gay couple?
    I agree with what xvart said that gay couples will have the same problems as married couples. That means divorce and an unhappy family are also possible outcomes for gay couples.

Here's a read on some of the potential dangers of same-sex adoption:
    http://www.ewtn.com/library/ISSUES/ZSSADOPT.HTM

PS: I'm still working on not getting angry lol. So far I think I'm doing OK!
    I know a lot of what is being discussed may effect you personally and I'm sorry for any anger it has caused, however I think you understand my issue is not with gay couples.

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Separate but equal is a lie.
    This isn't 1960 and this is not relevant to "separate but equal" which dealt with segregation of race in schools.

It is foolish to follow tradition for tradition's sake. Change can be good. In this case, it would be great.
    I agree lets allow murdering to be legal, it's time for change.