Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul 2008 Revolution

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yah know what outsiders..................no one is asking you to allow gays to marry in your church.............it DOES NOT affect you............you just dont like the idea of it. yah know what ive got zero problems with church and the like, i was married in a Lutheran church. my stepdaughters attend sunday school there. i have my own issues with god but thats between me and him and i dont let that affect my wifes or my kids relationship with him............so sit down shut up, dont allow gays in your church but if they want to be married in their own beliefs let them. IT DOES NOT AFFECT YOU!
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just as you are standing up for your religious beliefs, gays and gay supporters are standing up for our civil rights beliefs. If they are truly assaulting God, then you should take comfort in knowing that God will be the one to deal with them. It's not your place to police the world to your religion, that's God's place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rattler_mt View Post
    i dont want someone telling me i cant smoke a funny smellin cigarette
    A pipe dream as it appears. I sympathize with you on this one, though I am not a smoker of any kind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    her's a question.......................how many women do you intimatly know? i do not me in a sexual way either. i mean how many women do you know on a very personal level? how many guys?

i can think of two women i know very intimatly personally, out of the half dozen ill say i do know very well, one is my wife, one is a good friend i helped through a very difficult time just being a good friend and a shoulder to cry on. these two women are damn near polar opposites. anatomically they are the same sure.....psychologically speaking they are as different as men and women. both are quite capable parents and their kids show it. one is a very prissy lady the other will knock you on your rear when and if the mood strikes her, she acts more like one of the guys than one of the girls. infact has very few women friends cause she cant stand the catty BS that goes on in most womens circles.
    I don't think it takes an intimate relationship with either sex to determine that women are completely different than men. Obviously no two women are not going to be the same, neither are any two men. That's not what I asked you. You've lived life more than I have and I'm sure you know the difference between a man and a woman, besides anatomically. Men and women think differently, act differently, are interested in different things, have different needs, and most importantly parent differently.

by and large your reasoning makes no sense Outsiders. by your reasoning single parents should not be allowed to keep their kids unless the immediately remarry.
    I guess if you think women and men are the same, you could not understand where I'm coming from. You were raised my a man and a woman right? Your personal experience with your mother and father should be enough to understand where I'm coming from. I never said single parents shouldn't be allowed to keep their kids, that's your reasoning. I said that the single parents are lacking just as a gay couple would be lacking.

face it you are letting your personal religious beliefs cloud your judgments. i dont have any beef with your religious beliefs....i know they are extreamly important to some ppl and thats fine. i have no problem. but your trying to force your ideals on a world thats f'ed up and they are not going to work for every situation.
    Who's judgments are clouded, you think women and men are the same?! As for forcing my ideals, who's forcing what? Why is it when someone who has faith puts up a good argument, all the sudden I'm trying to force my ideals upon you! Pot, kettle, black?

my best advise to you is to know your beliefs, practice your beliefs but all in all gay marriage is not going to affect you.....it might affect your sensibilities but it will not affect you personally
    So you're saying that I should silence myself, and my opinion in on issue because I have faith in God? Everyone has faith in something, and everyone is preaching something you're just blind to it until to you see the words "God, Jesus, or faith".
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outsiders71 View Post
    So you're saying that I should silence myself, and my opinion in on issue because I have faith in God? Everyone has faith in something, and everyone is preaching something you're just blind to it until to you see the words "God, Jesus, or faith".
    Yes. The United States is founded partly on freedom of religion. It may be ungodly for homosexuals to marry, but it is un-American to let your religion influence the government.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yah know what outsiders..................no one is asking you to allow gays to marry in your church.............it DOES NOT affect you............you just dont like the idea of it. yah know what ive got zero problems with church and the like, i was married in a Lutheran church. my stepdaughters attend sunday school there. i have my own issues with god but thats between me and him and i dont let that affect my wifes or my kids relationship with him............so sit down shut up, dont allow gays in your church but if they want to be married in their own beliefs let them. IT DOES NOT AFFECT YOU!
    What does this worthless rant have anything to do with gays getting married at my church? Why would I prevent gays from coming to my church, you obviously don't understand what you're saying. This topic is about the next presidential candidates and the current issues on the table, and how people are going to vote. I'm an American citizen and I have the right to voice my opinion and cast my vote how I feel is best for America. I'm sorry if you can't deal with the fact on top of this I have faith in God and that a piece of the marriage issue deals with my faith. I understand that not everyone shares my faith nor do I try to shove it down their throat or tell them to shut up because they don't agree with me. That's just immature, plain rude and disrespectful. That is why I only posted one time throughout this whole thread about how faith plays a role in this issue and it was addressed to JLAP.

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWurm View Post
    Yes. The United States is founded partly on freedom of religion. It may be ungodly for homosexuals to marry, but it is un-American to let your religion influence the government.
    Does anyone else find it hilarious that in a thread that talks about rights and freedoms that people here want to silence me and discriminate against me because I have faith in God?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're Americans here. We want you to have your religion separate from our government. You can have all the religious beliefs you want when you go to church. But when you're voting you should keep in mind that you're trying to promote American ideals, not Catholic ones. Again, God makes the rules that you're trying to enforce. Let Him deal with gays.