Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul 2008 Revolution

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Outsiders, you've done a great job, and have not brought your religious beliefs into this. Kudos. I wouldn't bother debating someone unless I have respect for them, and I have respect for you. I ask you to consider two things:

1) We don't even have civil unions in most places. In fact, Bush tried to change the Constitution to deny even civil unions (so much for state's rights). This is why people are suspicious of not just outright allowing gay marriage, because they already face blatant legal discrimination. Full equality is what they're after, and they're not even getting close, thanks to anti-gay beliefs in this country.

2) The definition of marriage is something we make up. We decide what it means and what it says. It wasn't handed down on some magic stone tablets. It's written, decided, and defined by people just like you and me, so it's confusing why you keep referring to it like it's some sacred concept. It's a legal contract with the state that gives benefits based on what's good for families. That applies to all families, doesn't it? Why have two names (or ten) for the same concept?

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWurm View Post
    Just as you are standing up for your religious beliefs, gays and gay supporters are standing up for our civil rights beliefs.
    This isn't about civil rights, we've been through this many times.

If they are truly assaulting God, then you should take comfort in knowing that God will be the one to deal with them.
    The point I was trying to make is that no one is sympathetic to the fact that there's an assault on an institution of God going on here as well. I will not take comfort for I wish no one to be condemned.

It's not your place to police the world to your religion, that's God's place.
    It's not your place alone to decide where this country is headed, nor your place to tell me what to do! You cannot command me.
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    number one your assuming i come from a normal cheery household. i am a product of my parents and my curious nature nothing more, nothing less......was raised by my mother and my father.....i was not abused but things were far from perfect. ive seen ppl turn out perfect fine from single parent households mainly women raising sons. is there something lacking? sure, but often times it would have been worse if both were together. or hell it can be lacking in a normal household too. your arguing isnt making sense. single parent households are lacking but ok......gay couple households are lacking but not ok? WTF? and yes it takes intimate relationships to get insight on the opposite sex, hell it takes them for real incite on the same sex. as i said by intimate i do not in any way mean sexual. sex has nothing to do with it......getting ppl through the chitty parts that make up life does.

Men and women think differently, act differently, are interested in different things, have different needs, and most importantly parent differently.
    to this i respond..............get out more. my wife and i are interested in all the same things, i just take it to a different level than her, has nothing to do with her being woman and me a man, has to do with the fact she is to wrapped up in work to get as distracted in things as i do. its her and my natures.........ive seen women be the discipling parent and ive seen men be it. ive seen men being the comforter aswell.

i dont think men and women are the same............i think each and every person is an individual. subject to their own wants and desires that may or may not make sence to me.........segregating them into different sexes is FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR from enough categories..........i have no issues with you worshiping as you please just like i have no issues with two gay ppl getting married and raising a kid. neither turn my crank but im willing to let things be cause they do not affect me..........

as i said i have issues with god, but one thing i do know from the bible is in the end it is between an individual and his maker and nothing else. some other individual believing different than i do in no way affects what will happen to me when i die. i firmly believe that. which is why im willing to live and let live to any individual aslong as they allow me and my family to do the same
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're Americans here. We want you to have your religion separate from our government.
    What makes you think it's solely your government?

You can have all the religious beliefs you want when you go to church. But when you're voting you should keep in mind that you're trying to promote American ideals, not Catholic ones.
    What gives you the right to take your beliefs to the voting booth? Who decides what America's ideals are? Thanks for the laugh but I'm not Catholic, nor belong to a religion.

Again, God makes the rules that you're trying to enforce. Let Him deal with gays.
    You obviously don't know what God does do or doesn't do so please spare me the pain.
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suppose I assumed you were Catholic, when you linked us to catholic propaganda about gay marriage. And if you're not religious, why are you wearing a religion suit?

I can tell you one of America's ideals: separation of church and state. That's for sure. Keep in mind that whenever a religiously affected law is made, it directly outrages another religion (or non-religion). Keeping your spiritual beliefs out of our government is essential to a more peaceful coexistence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suppose I assumed you were Catholic, when you linked us to catholic propaganda about gay marriage. And if you're not religious, why are you wearing a religion suit?

I can tell you one of America's ideals: separation of church and state. That's for sure. Keep in mind that whenever a religiously affected law is made, it directly outrages another religion (or non-religion). Keeping your spiritual beliefs out of our government is essential to a more peaceful coexistence.
    for the record the founding fathers werent for the strict seperation of church and state in everything government.......infact the were heavy in believing in faith........what the founding fathers were against was a state sponcered religion like what was going on in Europe at the time......to often the top religious ppl became as powerful as who were supposed to be the leaders of the country...........that is what they apposed cause its kinda hard to force the election of a religious leader at regular intervals.........Washington and Jefferson are spinning in their grave over the removal of god from anything government.....they ment for the god to be what ever the individual wanted and most definatly would approve of the ten commandments being displayed at congress. they had no issues with faith in government, they just didnt want state sponcered religion..............
    cervid serial killer
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's true. But you have to admit, that with changing times, the ideas that were back then have more tolerant counterparts these days that are still derived from the same concept.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tollerant? removing the referance of "god" from everything government isnt tollerance..............its PC BS.........and nothing more.
    cervid serial killer