User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Results 153 to 160 of 231

Thread: Ron Paul 2008 Revolution

  1. #153
    Willie whowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Brimfield, IL
    Posts
    52
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We could get out as easy as we got in, if we wanted. But there is too much money to be made in war, plain and simple. He doesn't want to completely isolate us, just not police the world as you said. Does this not make sense?
    Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit

  2. #154
    Whats it to ya? Finch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    3,472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you cant take an isolationist stance in the world as we know it. it wont work. i do not believe we need to be the worlds police force but with drawing into our borders and hoping all is well is a bad idea, especially given how many of our goods are made in Asia and the current war with terrorism. our current place in Iraq isnt good....not as bad as the media makes it out to be but isnt a good idea and now that we are there we cant say f'it and leave it as is. we stepped into the dog crap that is the middle east, now we have got to clean up the boot not just throw it in the garbage. i say we get Iraq on its feet and than get out of the region. but withdrawing right now isnt an option.
    I agree. If we leave now, the nutjobs will overrun the place. Iraq was never really a threat to us before but if we leave now it sure as hell will be then. I dont want the insurgents who bomb marketplaces in charge of their government.
    that makes no logic

  3. #155
    Outsiders71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,005
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
    The only reason people are against same sex marriage is because they are against same sex relationships. The are just too cowardly to come right out and say it but there it is.
    I'm not against same-sex relationships, everyone has the free will to do as they please. I'm against a union between two men or two women being called a marriage, because it is not a marriage. Marriage is defined between one man and one woman. Once again we have the terms homosexual and heterosexual, they are two different things and we don't hear gays wanting to be called heterosexual do we? It's the same with marriage and civil unions, they are two different things. Despite there differences, both unions DESERVE the same legal rights under the law. I think the true cowards in this thread are the ones who are ignorant enough to claim that I hate gays.
    James 1:17

    "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

  4. #156
    rattler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    missing, presumed dead
    Posts
    8,554
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by whowe View Post
    We could get out as easy as we got in, if we wanted.
    never said we couldnt, i said it was a very bad idea.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

  5. #157
    N=R* fs fp ne fl fi fc L Pyro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    4,844
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outsiders71 View Post
    I'm against a union between two men or two women being called a marriage, because it is not a marriage. Marriage is defined between one man and one woman.
    So because because the mannequin is a female that is what makes it perfectly fine for him to be married to her. Never mind the fact that she is not a flesh and blood human. At least we are clear. Marriage = Man + Woman even if it is real (but schizophrenic) man and fake, plastic woman. That has to be the most asinine argument I have heard.

    I think the true cowards in this thread are the ones who are ignorant enough to claim that I hate gays.
    For the record I never claimed you "hate gays." In fact I never said anything like that. Granted, I made mention to people who are "against same sex relationships" and yes, I admit I would put you under that umbrella. But saying someone is "against same sex relationships" is a world away from saying someone "hates gays" and it is sheer ignorance to try and equate the two as being the same.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

    See You Space Cowboy

    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

    --
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

  6. #158
    Outsiders71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,005
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
    So because because the mannequin is a female that is what makes it perfectly fine for him to be married to her. Never mind the fact that she is not a flesh and blood human.
    I don't honestly believe this story you told. Papers can be faked. If anything a mock-wedding was probably given along with mock papers to appease the mentally disabled man.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
    At least we are clear. Marriage = Man + Woman even if it is real (but schizophrenic) man and fake, plastic woman. That has to be the most asinine argument I have heard.
    You're the only one arguing for being married to a piece of plastic, I never said anything about it, in fact I laughed because that's the most bogus thing I've ever heard.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
    Granted, I made mention to people who are "against same sex relationships" and yes, I admit I would put you under that umbrella.
    I admit that you fail at comprehension, please re-read my last post. It really isn't surprising however since you believe there's a man who has a legit marriage to a doll. How naive can we be?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
    But saying someone is "against same sex relationships" is a world away from saying someone "hates gays" and it is sheer ignorance to try and equate the two as being the same.
    What kind of ignorance is it when I tell you I have no problems with same-sex relationships, and then you turn around and claim that I do?
    James 1:17

    "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

  7. #159
    zappafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    457
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ron Paul will be on Glenn Beck's tv show tonight. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hPKChWbbZY

  8. #160

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    427
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm against a union between two men or two women being called a marriage, because it is not a marriage. Marriage is defined between one man and one woman.
    My definition of marriage does include same-sex couples. Your argument then evaporates because, according to you, the definition is what denotes whether it is moral or not.

    So, why should we prefer your definition to mine? Mine has just as much, if not more historical validity (same sex unions have been recognized by thousands of ancient cultures, and same-sex marriages were performed by the Church until the 10th century).

    Why should I live under your definition, rather than you under mine? Isn't this a free country?

    I hate to tell you, but the price of living your life the way you want is that you have to tolerate other living their lives the way they want.

    Mokele
    \"With malleus aforethought, mammals got an earful of their ancestor's jaw.\"
    --J. Burns, on the evolution of auditory ossicles.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •