Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul 2008 Revolution

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No where in the Bible does it say how old the Earth is! It just states that God created the Earth in 6 days.
    Yes and no. It doesn't state explicitly "the Earth is X years old", but it does include a long list of who begat whom and how long they lived. Apparently, some monk in the 12th century noticed that the list includes people whose reality and dates of life&death are known, and used that to reconstruct who was born when, arriving at an age of roughly 6000 years. The theological validity of this reconstruction is dubious at best, but many "Young Earth Creationists" (such as Answers In Genesis, the group that erected that abominable creation 'museum') truly do believe that the world is 6000 years old, so the question isn't totally invalid.

Aside from that Huckabee's answer was eloquent, if silly and based on mis-conceptions (that evolution requires the lack of a God and is purely accidental).

Mokele
    \"With malleus aforethought, mammals got an earful of their ancestor's jaw.\"
    --J. Burns, on the evolution of auditory ossicles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I think it's rare that anyone finds a candidate which they fully agree with on every issue. You have to determine which candidate in the broader sense, will do the job better in a way that will better America according to you.
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokele View Post
    Yes and no. It doesn't state explicitly "the Earth is X years old", but it does include a long list of who begat whom and how long they lived. Apparently, some monk in the 12th century noticed that the list includes people whose reality and dates of life&death are known, and used that to reconstruct who was born when, arriving at an age of roughly 6000 years. The theological validity of this reconstruction is dubious at best, but many "Young Earth Creationists" (such as Answers In Genesis, the group that erected that abominable creation 'museum') truly do believe that the world is 6000 years old, so the question isn't totally invalid.

Aside from that Huckabee's answer was eloquent, if silly and based on mis-conceptions (that evolution requires the lack of a God and is purely accidental).

Mokele
    I don't care what the person categorizes them self as, "Young Earth Creationists" or what not, they are wrong. 6,000 years is a made up number and there's no Biblical basis. Yes the Bible does give some ages but it's not complete or thorough. If God wanted us to know how old the Earth was He would have told us in Genesis when He told us how long it took to create the Earth. We were not given that information by God, only that HE created the Earth in 6 days.

Apparently this Huckabee, evolution thing was big last summer. He states that when he was asked this question, he was thinking he was being asked in the macro sense, which is why he gave a macro answer. It's only fair honestly because he had very little time to answer a question that honestly shouldn't have been asked in a political arena.

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see why they are asking religious questions in the first place. Who cares what their religious beliefs are as long as they don't make policy based on it? Who cares if Romney is a Mormon or not? And look at the democrats talking about their religious lives. Psh. They are only doing that to get votes and anyone who can't see that is blind.

I'd vote for a Mormon. Or a Jew. Or a Wiccan. Or a Buddhist. Or a Muslim. Or whatever.

As long as they were dems

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    problem being Outsiders.............more wackos show up to the primairies than regular folks........the candidates that alot of ppl want dont make it to the ticket cause they dont get around to voting in the primairies.........and we wind up with choices like Bush and Gore, or Bush and Kerry............damned if yah do damnedif yah dont type choices........most sane ppl want nothing to do with running for president.....ppl like Hillary and Guliani are running cause they want the power.....do you have any clue how much prodding it took from ppl to even get Thompson to agree to run?
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Ratller, just out of curiosity, what in Obama's voting record do you take issue with?

By the way, I do want to hear the candidates views on evolution. I'd like to think our next President would be at least partially educated in the sciences.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe we'll get lucky and guliani and hillary will get caught in some sort of embarrassing affair together. Kill two birds with one stone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capslock View Post
    By the way, I do want to hear the candidates views on evolution. I'd like to think our next President would be at least partially educated in the sciences.

Capslock
    There's a difference in being educated in the sciences and accepting something in the science field by faith. Yes, science requires faith as well, which many people fail to comprehend. Evolution is a theory, it can't be proven and must be accepted by faith. However the every day Joe, especially ones that disregard God, somehow come to the false belief that evolution is true and proven. Ask any scientist to prove evolution and they'll tell you it can't be proven, it's only a theory and that it is the best explanation they can come up with from observation.