Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul 2008 Revolution

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rattler, when you make an outburst like that on the internet, it kind of ruins your argument. If you want to have an intelligent debate, fine. But I'm not willing to stoop to personal insults. I grew out of that a long time ago. Also, your profanity is against forum rules.

I'll have you know that I do know that ammunition is shared between different weapons. I've played enough video games, and lived around enough gun owners in my time to gather basic information about weaponry. Obviously it's a tough issue, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be looked at.

And as a clarification, it's over 2500 scientists from over 130 countries that say mankind has largely or entirely influenced global warming.

"What we need to do in this country is stop legislating morality (bans on gays having normal lives, etc.), stop letting corporations get away with crimes (wiretapping immunity, monopolization, etc.), get corporate money OUT of our elections for good, and start investing in small businesses, innovation, and policies designed to strengthen and build our middle class. The present system is looting our treasury and selling out the future to help the top 1% of Americans, whose INCREASE in wealth in the last few years is greater than the TOTAL income of the bottom 20% of Americans. The ultra-rich don't need tax breaks and sacrifice from the rest of us. Really. They don't."

I agree 100% with all of that. Legislating morality, that's a good way to put it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you say:
    If a gun collector really wants guns, perhaps he could get a license to have automatic weapons and no ammunition. If they never intend to use it, then that should be alright, shouldn't it? Or perhaps they would only be able to get ammunition at gun ranges, and they'd have to spend all of it there.
    than you say:
    I'll have you know that I do know that ammunition is shared between different weapons. I've played enough video games, and lived around enough gun owners in my time to gather basic information about weaponry.
    if you know that non automatic firearms fire the same rounds as fully automatic weapons how in the hell do you propose to only allow the shooting of fully auto firearms at gun ranges when a guy will have a bolt action hunting rifle sitting next to it in the closet that fires the EXACT SAME ROUND. your arguement holds about as much water as a window screen. do me a favor, since your not inclined to believe me. look up how many ppl have been killed with LEGAL machine guns owned by PRIVATE CITIZENS since the "ban" went into effect in 1934. note its not a true ban cause you can get them with special permission from the US treasury department which requires a complete background and fingerprint check and the signature of your local sheriff and a $200 tax to buy one.

the only gun control arguement that makes any sence what so ever is the "guns are evil arguement" and that arguement ONLY holds water if you also believe pencils cause misspelled words and spoons make ppl fat. cause you giving inanimate objects the ability to think. you have to be able to reason to be evil. so if you are infact psychotic i will accept a statement from you that machine guns are evil and shouldnt be allowed in the hands of LAW ABIDING CITIZENS to do as they wish with.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As already stated, guns don't kill people, psychotic people kill people. Strangling, stabbing, beating, etc. Someone being shot to death is rarer than the above, except when gangs are involved. IIRC, almost every serial killer uses something besides a gun (with the exception of Zodiac and son of sam). Zodiac and the Unibomber may have been the same person though, in which case his most effective method was a bomb, not a gun.
    "Guns for show, knives for a pro"....
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I already agreed with the gun motto in a previous post. But again, because guns are made for killing people, there is an inherent problem. I may not have the answer, but I do know there is a problem. I'm coming up with this stuff on the fly, cut me a little slack.

You can't simply say that just because there haven't been that many deaths, there's no problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    let me get this straight DrWurm, your saying that in 73 years, out of the over 240,000 machine guns currently in the possesion of individuals(roughly half with police, half with private citizens) only 1 death from a legally owned machine gun by a off duty cop and 0 from private citizens isnt statistacally significant to my arguement? if you refuse to accept that fact as evidence it does no good to discuss this with you cause you refuse to look at facts......good day to you, i dont see any point to discuss this with you further.
    cervid serial killer
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Guns don't kill kids, KIDS kill kids!"

That's the best rebuttal to the question I've heard. I still don't agree with the anti-gun position, but it puts to rest the notion that guns themselves don't contribute to violence. They clearly do and are clearly responsible in part for our high murder rate in this country. But in my opinion, it's worth it, and besides, banning guns would mean a LONG period where only criminals have guns, and that's problematic. Besides, with the rampant lawlessness in government, the shredding of our Constitutional rights, and growing social unrest, I think it's wise to protect yourself and your family.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Caps, most the high murder rate is directly related to social ills in the inner cities and nothing to do with the availibility of guns.........i have long said, laws only affect the law abiding citizen. cause they are the only ones that will pay attention to the laws, the criminals sure in the hell wont.
    cervid serial killer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rattler, I'd say the murder rate is due to both the social ills AND the easy availability of guns. Hell, I can get a gun easier than I can get a nepenthes!

I agree that enacting gun laws now will pretty much only hurt the law-abiding citizen who owns guns. It would take a LONG time to weed out the bulk of the illegal firearms, and therefore a long time where only criminals are armed. I don't think it's worth it, especially since an armed populace has certain benefits. The Taliban would have a hard time running their intimidation campaigns here, for example.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast