What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ron Paul 2008 Revolution

• Thread starter zappafan
  • Start date
We decide as a country what marriage means. The definition was not handed down to us carved in diamond on a tablet. It was written by people just like you and me, based on the goals of having a legal contract called "marriage".

But we need to keep in perspective that Outsiders is only saying we should have a different word for it, but he supports civil unions. Really the difference is pretty small there, just a term. Some of us think that having a second term for gay marriages is just an avenue to make them unequal (like they are now.) Outsiders thinks you could make sure that it stays equal. Maybe he's right, but either way we're all arguing for legal, if not lingual, equality, and that's what's really important here. Besides, with civil unions, gay couples would just call themselves married anyway.

Capslock

Okay, here is the list of Democrats:

Biden, Joe
Clinton, Hillary
Dodd, Chris
Edwards, John
Gravel, Mike
Kucinich, Dennis
Obama, Barack
Richardson, Bill

Vilsack, Tom
(Withdrew on
Feb. 23, 2007)

Republican Party

Giuliani, Rudy
Huckabee, Mike
Hunter, Duncan
McCain, John
Paul, Ron
Romney, Mitt
Tancredo, Tom
Thompson,

I see Biden, Gravel, Dodd, Richardson, and Tompson losing in the first round, as well as Tancredo, Paul, Hunter and Thompson.

In the second round I see Kucinich and Obama, as well as McCain and Romney exiting. Clinton should beat Edwards and Huckabee winning in OT over Guiliani.

That sets up Clinton and Huckabee for the national championship and Clinton will win 56-42, with 2% going to write-in.
You heard it first, here!

Okay, here is the list of Democrats:

Biden, Joe
Clinton, Hillary
Dodd, Chris
Edwards, John
Gravel, Mike
Kucinich, Dennis
Obama, Barack
Richardson, Bill

Vilsack, Tom
(Withdrew on
Feb. 23, 2007)

Republican Party

Giuliani, Rudy
Huckabee, Mike
Hunter, Duncan
McCain, John
Paul, Ron
Romney, Mitt
Tancredo, Tom
Thompson,

I see Biden, Gravel, Dodd, Richardson, and Tompson losing in the first round, as well as Tancredo, Paul, Hunter and Thompson.

In the second round I see Kucinich and Obama, as well as McCain and Romney exiting. Clinton should beat Edwards and Huckabee winning in OT over Guiliani.

That sets up Clinton and Huckabee for the national championship and Clinton will win 56-42, with 2% going to write-in.
You heard it first, here!

You give Kucinich too many kudos, he can't even get past Edwards. He's been my representative here in Cleveland for I don't even know how long now and I would never vote for him. In the end for the Democrats it will be between Obama and Hillary and it will be too close to call. For the Republicans it'll probably be between Huckabee and Romney, I see Guiliani falling before the playoffs.

Mike Huckabee and evolution:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mri8Ex5RmDw

Was just looking through some youtube political videos and came across this. Never seen this before. Anyways I just wanted to point out how ridiculous CNN and Wolf Blitzer is. No where in the Bible does it say how old the Earth is! It just states that God created the Earth in 6 days. I bet Wolf Blitzer is really versed in the Bible and knows his stuff, so well that he found a secret hidden verse that tells us the Earth is 6,000 years old. Sometimes after watching videos like this, I wonder if people like Wolf Blitzer really do come from monkeys...

having to choose between Hillary and Obama on one side and Gulliani, Huckabee or Romney on the other is like trying to decide if yah want to be hit with a wooden or aluminium baseball bat.................its the whole Bush vs Kerry thing all over again..........f'ed if yah do, f'ed if yah dont...............can i just secede now and form my own lil country?

having to choose between Hillary and Obama on one side and Gulliani, Huckabee or Romney on the other is like trying to decide if yah want to be hit with a wooden or aluminium baseball bat.................its the whole Bush vs Kerry thing all over again..........f'ed if yah do, f'ed if yah dont...............can i just secede now and form my own lil country?

None of those candidates have any appeal to you? What exactly are you specifically looking for in a candidate?

one who will leave me alone to do my thing and realize i can take care of myself............i said before i dont like Pauls foriegn policy but atleast he wants to transfer most the power from the federal government to the states. dont like all of Thompsons politics but atleast he knows the government(be it Fed., state or local) has no real chance at providing for your safety and thinks all law abiding citizens should be free to arm themselves against aggressors as well as wants to cut government spending and limit the federal government...........

aswell as the fact Thompson and Paul have been the most consistant candidates as fare as theri beliefs...........Hilliary, Obama and Guliani are rediculously predictible in voting the way and preaching what they see the polls say the most ppl want to hear......consistant they are not..........might not agree with everythiong Thompson and Paul say but atleast i know what they are going to do............

No where in the Bible does it say how old the Earth is! It just states that God created the Earth in 6 days.

Yes and no. It doesn't state explicitly "the Earth is X years old", but it does include a long list of who begat whom and how long they lived. Apparently, some monk in the 12th century noticed that the list includes people whose reality and dates of life&death are known, and used that to reconstruct who was born when, arriving at an age of roughly 6000 years. The theological validity of this reconstruction is dubious at best, but many "Young Earth Creationists" (such as Answers In Genesis, the group that erected that abominable creation 'museum') truly do believe that the world is 6000 years old, so the question isn't totally invalid.

Aside from that Huckabee's answer was eloquent, if silly and based on mis-conceptions (that evolution requires the lack of a God and is purely accidental).

Mokele

Well I think it's rare that anyone finds a candidate which they fully agree with on every issue. You have to determine which candidate in the broader sense, will do the job better in a way that will better America according to you.

Yes and no. It doesn't state explicitly "the Earth is X years old", but it does include a long list of who begat whom and how long they lived. Apparently, some monk in the 12th century noticed that the list includes people whose reality and dates of life&death are known, and used that to reconstruct who was born when, arriving at an age of roughly 6000 years. The theological validity of this reconstruction is dubious at best, but many "Young Earth Creationists" (such as Answers In Genesis, the group that erected that abominable creation 'museum') truly do believe that the world is 6000 years old, so the question isn't totally invalid.

Aside from that Huckabee's answer was eloquent, if silly and based on mis-conceptions (that evolution requires the lack of a God and is purely accidental).

Mokele

I don't care what the person categorizes them self as, "Young Earth Creationists" or what not, they are wrong. 6,000 years is a made up number and there's no Biblical basis. Yes the Bible does give some ages but it's not complete or thorough. If God wanted us to know how old the Earth was He would have told us in Genesis when He told us how long it took to create the Earth. We were not given that information by God, only that HE created the Earth in 6 days.

Apparently this Huckabee, evolution thing was big last summer. He states that when he was asked this question, he was thinking he was being asked in the macro sense, which is why he gave a macro answer. It's only fair honestly because he had very little time to answer a question that honestly shouldn't have been asked in a political arena.

I don't see why they are asking religious questions in the first place. Who cares what their religious beliefs are as long as they don't make policy based on it? Who cares if Romney is a Mormon or not? And look at the democrats talking about their religious lives. Psh. They are only doing that to get votes and anyone who can't see that is blind.

I'd vote for a Mormon. Or a Jew. Or a Wiccan. Or a Buddhist. Or a Muslim. Or whatever.

As long as they were dems :)

problem being Outsiders.............more wackos show up to the primairies than regular folks........the candidates that alot of ppl want dont make it to the ticket cause they dont get around to voting in the primairies.........and we wind up with choices like Bush and Gore, or Bush and Kerry............damned if yah do damnedif yah dont type choices........most sane ppl want nothing to do with running for president.....ppl like Hillary and Guliani are running cause they want the power.....do you have any clue how much prodding it took from ppl to even get Thompson to agree to run?

Hey Ratller, just out of curiosity, what in Obama's voting record do you take issue with?

By the way, I do want to hear the candidates views on evolution. I'd like to think our next President would be at least partially educated in the sciences.

Capslock

Maybe we'll get lucky and guliani and hillary will get caught in some sort of embarrassing affair together. Kill two birds with one stone.

By the way, I do want to hear the candidates views on evolution. I'd like to think our next President would be at least partially educated in the sciences.

Capslock

There's a difference in being educated in the sciences and accepting something in the science field by faith. Yes, science requires faith as well, which many people fail to comprehend. Evolution is a theory, it can't be proven and must be accepted by faith. However the every day Joe, especially ones that disregard God, somehow come to the false belief that evolution is true and proven. Ask any scientist to prove evolution and they'll tell you it can't be proven, it's only a theory and that it is the best explanation they can come up with from observation.

with Obama:

Strengthen NATO to face 21st-century threats. (Aug 2007)
Keep guns out of inner cities--but also problem of morality. (Oct 2006)
Ban semi-automatics, and more possession restrictions. (Jul 1998)
Voted NO on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers. (Jul 2005)
Support granting driver's licenses to illegal immigrants. (Nov 2007)
Voted YES on allowing illegal aliens to participate in Social Security. (May 2006)
Voted YES on increasing minimum wage to $7.25. (Feb 2007)
Voted YES on raising the minimum wage to $7.25 rather than $6.25. (Mar 2005)
Voted NO on confirming Samuel Alito as Supreme Court Justice. (Jan 2006)
Voted NO on confirming John Roberts for Chief Justice of the Supreme Court. (Sep 2005)

Many things in this world can't be proven. Even calculus is theoretical. But it works.

There is plenty of evidence for evolution coming from many different sources.

evolution is easy enough to find evidance for...............how everything got kick started is open to debate

and for the record, on Thompson i dislike:
Voted YES on prohibiting same-sex marriage. (Sep 1996)
Voted YES on Amendment to prohibit flag burning. (Dec 1995)
Voted YES on spending international development funds on drug control. (Jul 1996)
Voted YES on defunding renewable and solar energy. (Jun 1999)
Voted YES on enlarging NATO to include Eastern Europe. (May 2002)(BTW on the NATO stuff...i hate NATO with a passion)

Back