User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: off shoot of the Ron Paul thread.....USA the worlds police force.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rattler_mt View Post
    the government doesnt pay for jack chit...........YOU the tax payer does........YOU the tax payer, pays for every single thing the government does.............socialized health care will be payed for by YOU THE TAX PAYER
    I'm not suggesting a full blown socialized health care! Just the very basic essentials, to improve the health disparities we have today. A child shouldn't have to die from a fever because his parents don't have health insurance or money.
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dont know that we are ever going to agree on this.....#1 i live below the poverty line according to the government and would benifit most from these programs you would think.........but as is i live comfortably. im paying for a house. am paying off student loans my wife has, have 2 kids in the house, pay for health insurance, make car payments and insurance. all this without having major credit card debt............according to the government i should be living in government housing barely making it.........yet im just fine. my wife and i take home $700(together) a week and can afford all this plus hobbies. why in the hell would i want socialized programs? i live on an indian reservation, travel to Canada..........ive seen socialized systems in action.......i cant afford socialized programs.
    The cost of living in montana and south dakota is also ridiculously low compared to the rest of the nation.

but ill be damned if ill agree to pay taxes for a hand out and free health care for someone who doesnt think its worth getting off their **** to look for a job.............
    And so thus people who actually work hard but fall on hard times, forget you too, thats what this attitude says to me. Free health care is not the same as insurance coverage. We dont need free health care, we need better coverage.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you need a new liver in Canada, they tell you to sign a list, and they might get to you in about 7 years...even if you're only expected to survive for another 2. Give a doctor in the US the money for the operation, and they will do it tonight. Socialized medicine is not good for the patient. I used to live in Germany, and while they focus generally on prevention I suppose, their system is also not that great. Not as bad as in Canada, but German doctors are stupid. I'm not being mean, I'm being realistic. They simply are not taught anywhere near the level that American doctors are...and that's dangerous.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the United States, more than 84,000 men, women and children are waiting for organ transplants.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rattler, you pay MORE for our broken system. I don't know much about the Canadian system so I can't comment on that. But I have friends in Switzerland and Germany and several other places, and they think we're nuts. We already have to pay for those who can't afford it - it's built into your bills. The only alternative is we have poor people dying in the streets. And as a result of 40 million people not having health insurance, we end up paying MORE than we should for our own insurance. We pay more than anyone in the world, but the quality of our care is not up to that. Why stay with the most inefficient system on the planet where you, the taxpayer, pays MORE than they would in a universal (don't think "socialized" it poisons the thought) system? There are tons of systems out there that combine private and public funding that work, too. Like Switzerland. The point is that it's counter-productive to not universalize the system since everyone in the end needs healthcare. The whole business of insurance (expensive payment denial service) is a complete waste!
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phissionkorps View Post
    If you need a new liver in Canada, they tell you to sign a list, and they might get to you in about 7 years...even if you're only expected to survive for another 2. Give a doctor in the US the money for the operation, and they will do it tonight. Socialized medicine is not good for the patient. I used to live in Germany, and while they focus generally on prevention I suppose, their system is also not that great. Not as bad as in Canada, but German doctors are stupid. I'm not being mean, I'm being realistic. They simply are not taught anywhere near the level that American doctors are...and that's dangerous.
    That's not exactly right. The wait for organs in Canada is not 7 years in any sort of average. And their wait times are directly due to the lack of Canadian donors (for whatever reason, their rate of donation is one of the lowest in the world), not because if institutional delays.

Also, for results, look up mortality rates for various diseases. We don't show well on those lists, despite paying more than anyone in the world.
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only way to fix the healthcare system is to put caps on the insurance companies. They continue to raise premiums so they can make more money, then they refuse to pay doctors the actual amount of the surgery/procedure/whatever, so they just make more money. They're one of the only industries that continually reports climbing profits, even in a recession. If premiums weren't sky high, more people would have health insurance, and it wouldn't cost so much. Personally, I don't mind paying more for better treatment. I've been to German doctors and they are horrible. German doctors that have been practicing for years know about as much as a first year med student in the US.

For whatever reason it may be, the EXTREMELY long wait times in Canada just go to show that their system isn't better....
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ron Paul will be on Glenn Beck's tv show tonight. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hPKChWbbZY

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast