User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bush signs new energy bill...........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bush signs new energy bill...........

read through it.......panders to the al gore nuts......panders to the oil companies.....screws us the tax payers.

he actually thinks we are going to be able to grow our way out of oil dependancy with corn.....freaking idiots. you cant get enough fuel out of corn to matter given the drop in fuel efficiantcy and the amount of fuel it takes to grow it......makes ZERO sence what so ever......only way ethonal is feasable as an alternitave energy source is to do like Brazil and use sugar cane......though im wondering if the same can be done with sugar beets?? congress and Bush pushed through an energy bill that isnt even feasible.........we are going to be paying for this one for a long time folks.......check how many products you eat/drink that have corn, corn meal, corn syrup..........the price of all these is going to go sky high....hell since the E85 fuel came out the cost of corn just used for bird seed went up 50%........i agree we need to get away from oil, i agree we need to find alternitave fuel sources but ethonal from corn is flat out idiotic........
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know why corn ethonal is so big. Agricultural interests. Every politician in South Dakota is gushing about it. The newspapers attack any “expert” that says corn ethonal is not the answer and more to all our problems, and give their own experts that say all this candy coated bull on how corn ethonal is the best thing and how corn on corn (on corn on corn) rotation is actually a GOOD practice and has no repercussions with soil fertility and erosion. The industry backs everyone who has that on the ticket and the industry is the big hitter out here. Saving good old AMERICAN farms and all. More corn ethonal is on every agricultural state politicians ticket. why do you think?

This has nothing to do with gore, this worse for the environment than the energy saved. I know you like to blame gore but this is not his doing.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i said "al gore nutz" meaning the enviromental nut jobs..............wasnt grouping those sanly looking for answers to the problem. there is far more on the bill than just the corn ethonal, and like i said there are even hand outs to the oil companies.

yeah i understand WHY corn is on there but i sure in the hell dont agree with it even living in an area that does grow corn......not alot but we do have a number of acres of corn........as i said......i wonder if ethonal could effectivly and economically be made out of sugar beets. they can grow in alot of areas and be used as part of crop rotation with corn and such...........the US sure cant grow enough sugar cane to produce much ethonal but alot of the US can grow sugar beets.......
    cervid serial killer
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even environmental nuts got disenchanted with corn ethonal after it gobbled up more and more sub-prime drought-prone pasture land into corn fields due to the increased prices. The farmers are insured by the government so they can just sit on land that wont in a normal year grow jack but still get compensated by the government.

The only way to make ethonal environmentally and economically sound is from cellulose… cellulose is just a gigantic complex sugar structure… that most things cant digest… date-palm oil and sugarcane are both not really the answers either…

The energy of fossil fuels was built up over hundreds of thousands of years, all that time of collecting the sun's collective energy is compressed into dense packets. An annual crop just collects one years worth of the sun's energy by comparison. Not like there is an alternative once we run out.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Environmental nut jobs hate the energy bill. It doesn't pander to them; it panders to self-absorbed suburbanites who can afford a Prius for the 30 mile commute from their lily-white neighborhood and feel good about themselves because they recycle all their water bottles. And, of course, it especially panders to all kinds of corporate interests.

There is no good alternative to cutting back on energy use. And, until I see more hybrid cars in front of 1,000 sq ft houses than 2,500 sq ft houses, I'll continue to believe they're all about status (and tax breaks), and say nothing about a commitment to saving energy.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals — but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dude......my house is 2000ish square foot.....ok closer to 1900.........it aint that big of a house.........fairly cheap to heat......the other issue with the bill is the mandating of higher fuel economy............struck me as funny cause yah only get about 75% mpg out of a gallon of ethonal as you do gasoline..........why cant we get the lil economic diesel cars you see in europe that get 50+ mpg? not to mention you get more diesel out of a barrel of crude than you do gasoline........not a long term solution of course but could help out for the near future........
    cervid serial killer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sigh...

I can't wait to see the day when people don't know what oil is. Corn will not save us either...Bring on the solar panels!
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just gimme a Prius. Not because I'm a hippie, even though I pretty much am. Because I'm a cheap hippie.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast