What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Mike Huckabee 2008 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reinstatement or not, there is always more to be understood contextually. Ron Paul has written a book on foreign policy. "A Foreign Policy Of Freedom" might even be found at your local library.

Reinstatement or not, there is always more to be understood contextually. Ron Paul has written a book on foreign policy. "A Foreign Policy Of Freedom" might even be found at your local library.

Why would I want to read a book that suggest we should appease our enemies and isolate ourselves from the world?

His policy isn't about isolation, and its certainly not appeasement. Non-interventionalism is a lot different from the above...

Outsiders71, I'm not ducking your question, but your question sounds much like the media sound bites attacking Dr.Paul. Remember, he is the largest moneymaker,so more people are behind him even if the media is biased. Remember money is a strong vote. I think we should all "test the spirits" and hearken back to history for answers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXajXz4DF1w
lol

I can't stand Maher, but that is hilarious. Highlight at 1:50ish
It's also great at about 2:00something where Huckabee says something about god and you can hear people in the audience laughing

What's so hilarious about this? Bill Maher is just another dummy who tries to use the "6,000 year old" cheap shot that Mike Huckabee never even stated. This just shows that there is a mass disconnect between believers and non-believers about what the Bible actually says, which isn't a surprise...However while people like Bill Maher laugh and think they have nailed Huckabee to the wall, the majority of this country shakes their head at ignorance such as this.

the majority of this country shakes their head at ignorance such as this.
What? No they don't. I live in the heart of the bible belt...in fact, the 2nd most conservative city in the nation, and I'd be hardpressed to find someone that doesn't think people that don't believe in evolution should be removed from the gene pool.

Plus anyone who thinks we can talk or negotiate with terrorists does not belong in the oval office.
We shouldn't even talk to them? Haven't you ever heard of diplomacy? What else are we supposed to do? Just kill eveyrone that opposes us? Since you're in the business of fairy tales, I hope dracula comes for you tonight.

What? No they don't. I live in the heart of the bible belt...in fact, the 2nd most conservative city in the nation, and I'd be hardpressed to find someone that doesn't think people that don't believe in evolution should be removed from the gene pool.

So you refute the idiotic statement of the Earth is 6,000 years old with this garbage? You can pretend to be as close to a Chimp as much as you want, no one is stopping you, and it doesn't matter where you live. The fact remains that proving evolution is equivalent to proving that God exists, and science can't and will never be able to do either of those. Get over it.

We shouldn't even talk to them? Haven't you ever heard of diplomacy? What else are we supposed to do? Just kill eveyrone that opposes us? Since you're in the business of fairy tales, I hope dracula comes for you tonight.

What time era do you live in? Who exactly are we supposed to talk to, Bin Laden? I don't think he left us an address or phone # to reach him at. This isn't a problem with a specific country where diplomacy can be used, this is a problem with terrorists who are dispersed over the middle east. Next time you try and slam me with a stupid remark, do a better job...

The fact remains that proving evolution is equivalent to proving that God exists, and science can't and will never be able to do either of those. Get over it.

Bold words from someone whose knowledge is so weak that they had to bow out of the last thread on this topic rather than face the facts.

So, are you going to abandon your incorrect belief that evolution has not been proven, or do you want me to embarrass you again?

Mokele

Evolution has been proven. Your IQ must be below room temp if you don't think it exists and/or hasn't been proven to occur. I wish stupidity hurt. By your twisted logic (or more often lack thereof), and lack of basic understanding about the way the world is, its clear you live in a fairy tale world. Evolution has been proven, and anyone with half a brain (so you're out) could prove it in a lab in 24 hours. Here's a logical proof of the fact that God does not exist (use Aristotelian logic):

The bible is the word of god
The word of god is infalliable (clearly, one of the properties of the "perfect" "god")
Either the bible is infalliable, or it is not
The bible has been proven wrong on multitudes of occasions
-------------------------------------
There is no god

End of story. The only thing the communists ever did right was getting rid of religion...the opiate of the stupid and weak.

I don't think he left us an address or phone # to reach him at
Do you know the history of Bin Laden's involvement with our government? How we've had a decades long relationship with him and those close to him? Funding him against the soviets, etc. I'm saying this in the nicest way possible...do you know anything? Honestly, you're like a religious Kasper Häuser.
The POLICE, who on the whole have an 8th grade education if that, are able to find someone all the way across the country who robbed a gas station. Since I know you have no idea, Afghanistan is smaller than Texas. COME ON! They "can't" find this guy? Let's get serious....though I know how difficult that will prove for you.

There is no debate. The creationist viewpoint is a theological position, not a scientific one, as it is based not on evidence that can be debated, but on a religious conviction that cannot be in error.

No one has to abandon anything. We can just return to the topic at hand. people why must we always insist on getting personal?

.... anyways

What is huck’s explanation of his own loose pardon-granting history? His opposition blames it on him being a sucker to believe anyone who says they have re-found faith, but what is his side of the story?

Bold words from someone whose knowledge is so weak that they had to bow out of the last thread on this topic rather than face the facts.

So, are you going to abandon your incorrect belief that evolution has not been proven, or do you want me to embarrass you again?

Mokele

Evolution in the broader sense, meaning all the life on Earth is a result of randomness and the speciation of a one celled organism that lived in the oceans billions of years ago, cannot be proven. I think it's important to define what we're arguing here and I've tried to several times. If you and phissionkorps can prove me wrong feel free, but you can't.

The bible is the word of god
The word of god is infalliable (clearly, one of the properties of the "perfect" "god")
Either the bible is infalliable, or it is not
The bible has been proven wrong on multitudes of occasions
-------------------------------------
There is no god

The problem here is trying to apply finite human logic to an infinite God.

End of story. The only thing the communists ever did right was getting rid of religion...the opiate of the stupid and weak.

If only you knew the difference between religion and God.

Do you know the history of Bin Laden's involvement with our government? How we've had a decades long relationship with him and those close to him? Funding him against the soviets, etc. I'm saying this in the nicest way possible...do you know anything? Honestly, you're like a religious Kasper Häuser.

Are you suggesting that we build a time machine and go back in time and have talks of diplomacy with him? He's been on the run and in hiding ever since 9/11. Maybe you can understand now how diplomacy is not in the realm of this reality?

The POLICE, who on the whole have an 8th grade education if that, are able to find someone all the way across the country who robbed a gas station. Since I know you have no idea, Afghanistan is smaller than Texas. COME ON! They "can't" find this guy? Let's get serious....though I know how difficult that will prove for you.

I could have sworn his last wearabouts was guessed to be somewhere in Pakistan. I better run that through you first though since I know nothing.

There is no debate. The creationist viewpoint is a theological position, not a scientific one, as it is based not on evidence that can be debated, but on a religious conviction that cannot be in error.

True, however science doesn't have the evidence from the start of time either.

No one has to abandon anything. We can just return to the topic at hand. people why must we always insist on getting personal?

What is huck’s explanation of his own loose pardon-granting history? His opposition blames it on him being a sucker to believe anyone who says they have re-found faith, but what is his side of the story?

Let me see if I can find a youtube clip.

Here's one single incident response he gave about Dumond:

http://www.mikehuckabee.com/?FuseAction=TruthSquad.DumondRes

and

http://www.mikehuckabee.com/?FuseAction=TruthSquad.Dumond

Governor Huckabee’s Clemency stats from 7-15-96 through 12-31-06:

Pardon requests: 3646
Pardon denied: 2401
Pardon granted: 858

66% of the requests were denied.

Commutation requests: 4925
Commutation denied: 4257
Commutation granted: 165

86% of the requests were denied.

Firearm rights only requests: 127
Firearm rights only denied: 49
Firearm rights only granted: 64

39% of the requests were denied.

Everyone is ruled by faith, whether they are conscious of what that is or not is the problem.

Yea but having to have faith in something so drastic as god, or religion, is having faith that the knife is sharp enough to cut the ham christmas eve. I dont have faith in Science cause with new technology, theorys, formulas, ect. can prove something wrong many times over.

Yea but having to have faith in something so drastic as god, or religion, is having faith that the knife is sharp enough to cut the ham christmas eve.

Why do you believe having faith in God is something that is drastic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back