Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mike Huckabee 2008 thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes_ak View Post
    simple, we dont need another political leader ruled by faith. He would pull the religous card on ANY thing we would do, and when he is making desicions it would be by faith, not how the public feels.
    Everyone is ruled by faith, whether they are conscious of what that is or not is the problem.
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rattler_mt View Post
    im saying he is using his religous beliefs to set policy to dictate what other ppl do...............i dont care if a person personally believes being gay is wrong ect. i do care that they are so tied up in their beliefs that they are unwilling to let others who dont share their beliefs live as they wish. if he came out and said i do not like homosexuality and i appose it but what two concenting adults do behind closed doors is none of my buisness. well then i could deal with that. and as i said marriage has two definitions, a religious one that varies with individuals personal beliefs even with in the same religion and the legal one. gays should be able to have the legal version, the religious version is up to personal beliefs, the churh they belong to ect.
    Well you're assuming then that he believes that we should eradicate homosexuality all together and that people should only live one way, which is a bad assumption. You're also assuming that there can not be no other reason for having the stance of anti-gay marriage unless there is religion involved.

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course there is! You could simply have hate in your heart. Or believe that we'll abuse it for the benefits.

Of course, abusing something for benefits goes both ways. My mom's friend Becky and Becky's friend Mary got a better room rate for joining a gay tour group. They said they were lesbians to save money. Of course, abusing marriage for benefits isn't a good point since you could get a second class marriage. I mean a civil union.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont care if he believes in god and scripture, thats fine. I dont have a problem with that, I dont care he has faith. But there is no way he can say hes not running a campaign based around his faith if he puts it in his slogan.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outsiders71 View Post
    Well you're assuming then that he believes that we should eradicate homosexuality all together and that people should only live one way, which is a bad assumption. You're also assuming that there can not be no other reason for having the stance of anti-gay marriage unless there is religion involved.
    i repeat he has a recent history of using his religious beliefs to dictate what he believes ppl should do.........

i dont care if a candidate, any candidate says i dont like guns, gays marriage, marijuana, or roses with blue flowers...........i care they they are not going to impose their personal beliefs onto me. Huckabee is willing to do that as is Obama which is why i will never vote for them. i dont care what my neighbors do so long as they dont hurt anyone but themselves and dont preach to me about what i should do. i get along with all kinds of ppl including family that i love who dont share my beliefs......why can i do that? cause i dont preach to them and they dont preach to me and sure as hell dont try to impose their beliefs on me via force.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm with Finch - you can't have it both ways. If your faith isn't an issue, you shouldn't make it a focus of your campaign. If you make it a focus of your campaign, you don't get to complain when it makes people uneasy and is a factor in their voting.

Huckabee has put his faith front and center, so he has no right at all to complain that people are put off him because of it.

i dont care if a candidate, any candidate says i dont like guns, gays marriage, marijuana, or roses with blue flowers...........i care they they are not going to impose their personal beliefs onto me.
    Precisely. Even if I agree with the candidate that Lancashire Crumbly is the best cheese, I would not support them if they wanted to ban all other cheeses.

Mokele
    \"With malleus aforethought, mammals got an earful of their ancestor's jaw.\"
    --J. Burns, on the evolution of auditory ossicles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take it from his mouth and then you decide:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hJlkTrIVfWQ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for the record i dont believe much what a politition says, especially in an election year.............i do care what a politition does. Huckabee DID BAN GAY MARRIAGE..........and has said in the past he doesnt believe in civil unions between gay ppl. he has shown he is willing to to put his religious beliefs ahead of personal freedom
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast