User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 57 to 64 of 104

Thread: The Mike Huckabee 2008 thread

  1. #57
    Outsiders71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,005
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    There is no debate. The creationist viewpoint is a theological position, not a scientific one, as it is based not on evidence that can be debated, but on a religious conviction that cannot be in error.
    True, however science doesn't have the evidence from the start of time either.

    Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    No one has to abandon anything. We can just return to the topic at hand. people why must we always insist on getting personal?
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    What is huck’s explanation of his own loose pardon-granting history? His opposition blames it on him being a sucker to believe anyone who says they have re-found faith, but what is his side of the story?
    Let me see if I can find a youtube clip.
    James 1:17

    "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

  2. #58
    Outsiders71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,005
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's one single incident response he gave about Dumond:

    http://www.mikehuckabee.com/?FuseAct...quad.DumondRes

    and

    http://www.mikehuckabee.com/?FuseAct...thSquad.Dumond

    Governor Huckabee’s Clemency stats from 7-15-96 through 12-31-06:

    Pardon requests: 3646
    Pardon denied: 2401
    Pardon granted: 858

    66% of the requests were denied.

    Commutation requests: 4925
    Commutation denied: 4257
    Commutation granted: 165

    86% of the requests were denied.

    Firearm rights only requests: 127
    Firearm rights only denied: 49
    Firearm rights only granted: 64

    39% of the requests were denied.
    James 1:17

    "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

  3. #59
    nepenthes_ak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Spring Feild Ohio
    Posts
    3,116
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outsiders71 View Post
    Everyone is ruled by faith, whether they are conscious of what that is or not is the problem.
    Yea but having to have faith in something so drastic as god, or religion, is having faith that the knife is sharp enough to cut the ham christmas eve. I dont have faith in Science cause with new technology, theorys, formulas, ect. can prove something wrong many times over.

  4. #60
    Outsiders71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,005
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes_ak View Post
    Yea but having to have faith in something so drastic as god, or religion, is having faith that the knife is sharp enough to cut the ham christmas eve.
    Why do you believe having faith in God is something that is drastic?
    James 1:17

    "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

  5. #61
    nepenthes_ak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Spring Feild Ohio
    Posts
    3,116
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Faith is something drastic

  6. #62
    Outsiders71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,005
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes_ak View Post
    Faith is something drastic
    Faith:
    Acceptance of ideals, beliefs, etc., which are not necessarily demonstrable through experimentation or reason.

    How is this drastic?
    James 1:17

    "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

  7. #63
    Whats it to ya? Finch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    3,472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True, however science doesn't have the evidence from the start of time either.
    Agreed, there are large gaps in the knowledge. we think we have a good general idea, but thts subject to change as new evidence comes to light. Thats not really a comment on evolution but a comment on the state of knowledge about the earliest beginnings of things like how life really started or what exactly caused the big bang.
    Governor Huckabee’s Clemency stats from 7-15-96 through 12-31-06:

    Pardon requests: 3646
    Pardon denied: 2401
    Pardon granted: 858

    66% of the requests were denied.

    Commutation requests: 4925
    Commutation denied: 4257
    Commutation granted: 165

    86% of the requests were denied.

    Firearm rights only requests: 127
    Firearm rights only denied: 49
    Firearm rights only granted: 64

    39% of the requests were denied.
    No denying that Dumond is political weapon against huck, that is unsurprising. But what these numbers dont say is that many of the pardons were against the parole board's recommendations?

    Faith is something drastic
    lol. I disagree.

    I could have sworn his last wearabouts was guessed to be somewhere in Pakistan
    thats what i heard too, but is the guy really stupid enough to remain where we think he might be?
    that makes no logic

  8. #64

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Posts
    2,251
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At any rate, we're "friends" with Pakistan....which is slightly smaller than 2x the size of Cali. So again, not very big.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •