Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ouch, just bid on a new knife

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the best knife I ever had.

Retailed about $12. I got it free though.

I can cut whatever I want and I never have to worry about damaging the blade.

If I'm going to pay over $100 for a weapon, it better go bang when I use it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hit some of those popper things kids play with with youre $100+ knife

Theirs Your Bang

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't feel bad. I bought new speakers today... just thought I'd mention that o_o.
    - NeciFiX

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by herenorthere View Post
    I've lost so many knives in my life that I'd never pay more than a few $ for one. But, if you can avoid losing it, even $100 isn't crazy.
    lol. It's like me and pens. I've seen really nice pens for hundreds of dollars but I can't even make it through the day without losing six pens.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what I use https://www.kabar.com/product_detail...itary/Tactical I think I only paid 40$ for it though, so it was a pretty good deal. I have a little cheapy Gerber folder for my car, and a Gerber multi tool with pliers which is my favorite tool. It's hard to beat that little thing, and it was free .
    - Daniel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    This is the best knife I ever had.

Retailed about $12. I got it free though.

I can cut whatever I want and I never have to worry about damaging the blade.

If I'm going to pay over $100 for a weapon, it better go bang when I use it.
    one thing i should make clear, i have completely different preferances for a pocket knife and a hunting knife...

this is my pocket knife...worth prolly around $15 brand new....though my is a much older individual as it doesnt have "Schrade Classics" on the blade......the main blade has also been sharpened so many times that the blade lacks any curve:

thats my main pocket knife but its been misplaced and found several dozen times since ive had it. my "other" pocket knife is a cheap box cutter that costs 99 cents at the local hardware store.......we use them alot here at the newspaper so i generally have one in my pocket.

for hunting knives i hate folders. to many nooks and crannys for blood to get into and since its sometimes hours between field dressing a critter and being able to clean up the knife i really dont like folders......blood and steel is a bad combo, even if the blade is stainless, alot of time the spring, internals and such isnt......have yet to find a favorite hunting knife.......working my way through some. havent found one that impresses me. most have dulled before i get done with the rough butchering job. my favorite blade stood up to field dressing and rough butchering of 2 deer before resharpening, but it is on a folder.......dont think any metal on that knife is stainless and it was given to me by a important person in my life so i hate to have it turn into a pile of rust. so im trying to find me a fixed blade of similar properties.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only knife I have (besides my boyscout knife I just found from a looooong time ago) is a piece of WW2 paraphenalia. Obviously I don't use it. Doesn't look like it'd be too great a knife though.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Two flies one pitcher. Minus the crap eating. obregon562's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have my good ol' swiss army knife in my pocket at all times (the one that is actually big and has a real blade)!
    "It's easy to rip on cops, when you aren't the one needing saving"

My Growlist

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast