What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ouch, just bid on a new knife

• Thread starter Zero
  • Start date
Holy crap. You bid on it? So it was cheaper than the listed price on that page?

xvart.

got it on Ebay for $100

haha my mom found a gerber hunting knife in our yard once haha

I've lost so many knives in my life that I'd never pay more than a few $ for one. But, if you can avoid losing it, even $100 isn't crazy.

me to Bruce....i loose so many of them ive got no interest in buying an Ingram though i REALLY would like one......i just look for a decent cheap knife that will hold an edge. most ive paid so far is around $40 not including things like Leatherman or Gerber multi tools

This is the best knife I ever had.

lb.jpg

Retailed about $12. I got it free though.

I can cut whatever I want and I never have to worry about damaging the blade.

If I'm going to pay over $100 for a weapon, it better go bang when I use it.

Hit some of those popper things kids play with with youre $100+ knife

Theirs Your Bang

Don't feel bad. I bought new speakers today... just thought I'd mention that o_o.

I've lost so many knives in my life that I'd never pay more than a few $ for one. But, if you can avoid losing it, even $100 isn't crazy.

lol. It's like me and pens. I've seen really nice pens for hundreds of dollars but I can't even make it through the day without losing six pens.

xvart.

This is the best knife I ever had.

lb.jpg

Retailed about $12. I got it free though.

I can cut whatever I want and I never have to worry about damaging the blade.

If I'm going to pay over $100 for a weapon, it better go bang when I use it.

one thing i should make clear, i have completely different preferances for a pocket knife and a hunting knife...

this is my pocket knife...worth prolly around $15 brand new....though my is a much older individual as it doesnt have "Schrade Classics" on the blade......the main blade has also been sharpened so many times that the blade lacks any curve:
807UH.jpg

thats my main pocket knife but its been misplaced and found several dozen times since ive had it. my "other" pocket knife is a cheap box cutter that costs 99 cents at the local hardware store.......we use them alot here at the newspaper so i generally have one in my pocket.

for hunting knives i hate folders. to many nooks and crannys for blood to get into and since its sometimes hours between field dressing a critter and being able to clean up the knife i really dont like folders......blood and steel is a bad combo, even if the blade is stainless, alot of time the spring, internals and such isnt......have yet to find a favorite hunting knife.......working my way through some. havent found one that impresses me. most have dulled before i get done with the rough butchering job. my favorite blade stood up to field dressing and rough butchering of 2 deer before resharpening, but it is on a folder.......dont think any metal on that knife is stainless and it was given to me by a important person in my life so i hate to have it turn into a pile of rust. so im trying to find me a fixed blade of similar properties.

The only knife I have (besides my boyscout knife I just found from a looooong time ago) is a piece of WW2 paraphenalia. Obviously I don't use it. Doesn't look like it'd be too great a knife though.

I have my good ol' swiss army knife in my pocket at all times (the one that is actually big and has a real blade)!

this isn't a hunting knife. it's a general pocket knife used daily, thats why I payed so much for it. It will be used a lot:) The pocket knife I have now is the kershaw chive torsion assist knife. After having and losing lots of knives, I can tell you that $$ buys a quality knife.
it's like the difference between a $5 steak knife and a $50 steak knife, you can feel the difference.
OZZY has a good point about the razor blade, they are always sharp and cut well, but have no style.

zero................believe me i do know the difference between a $ knife and a $$$ knife. have a mix of both. my hunting folder is a more expensive knife as its a handmade one by a single person shop. which is prolly why the blade is better. one of these days ill buy a Ingram for my hunting knife. next one i plan on trying is one of the mid level Cold Steel's. for a pocket knife ill stick with cheap. no ones tried to steal my $15 Schrade :grin: its got good enough steel in the blade that i only have to sharpen it every few months when i happen to be using it often. least as often as i use my pocket knife. for me a pocket knife has to be small and light enough that i dont notice its there. that way i dont decide to leave it on the dresser cause i got to much crap in my pockets. dont want to have to think about it till i need it :grin:

I admire people who don't lose knives, kind of like I admire people who learn different languages. It doesn't seem like it should be that difficult but, as much as I've tried, I just can't do it myself.

My knife will disappear from my pocket a few times every year and I know it'll eventually be gone for good. My grandfather gave me a cigar box of old knives when I was a kid and I've worked my way through them and carry the last one now. I have no idea of the brand, but it's a decent Barlow knife with a broken horn handle and ground down blade. I've bought a few others over the years and most of those have been lost too. My only other pocket knife is a grafting knife and it gets just a few minutes of use each year.

Back