What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Insecticide, and fungicide

Hey, I did a search of insecticides and fungicides because I was going to buy some and I did find some brands at the store, but they either werent what I wanted or too much money.

When buying either one of them, what am I looking for in the ingredients? I remember one of them that was recommended had neem oil. I saw a cheap one at the store with neem oil in it but werent sure either I should get it or not

I think nepenthes would be fine with neam,I have never tried it but I used it all the time,got it on my mouth and eyes so it is pretty safe and 100% nutrual.
Now for drosera,pings,urtics and other I dunno I'd try systematic for those guys

neem oil will work for everything. for things like orthene, dont use it on drosera and a few other CPs...it deforms them temporarily.
Alex

So if it just has Neem oil it should be just fine? Great news!

Like any other oil spray, neem can burn leaves exposed to bright sun or high temperatures. I've only seen it happen outdoors, but go easy with it at first to make sure it doesn't cause any problems for your plants.

I have used Orthene (acephate) with no ill effects on all my stuff just after bringin them in from outside in the fall. Dionaea, Drosera, and Pings. Like Bruce said direct sun and heat are BIG factors in damage. I leave them in my garage under lights and spray them per directions. If you can't do that spray them in the morning when the sun is not as strong and temps are cooler.

Here is what I use on my Dionaea:

Ortho Systemic Insect Killer Concentrate
:
SystemicInsect16oz.jpg

I also use the Schultz 3 in one spray, which is primarily made up of neem oil.
This on tend to burn the leaves of the plant though...

Back