Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting Book

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting Book

how the heck can the country do this?

so i was in Books-A-Million today and there was a book in the nature section called "Cultivating Cannabis" it was published in California. how the heck does this work its like we are saying "yea. weed is illegal. but here is a guide on how to successfully grow it anyways!"

Andrew if this isnt appropriate or whatever then please delete it.

but what does everyone say on this?

Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's crazy, I went to Borders to look for a CP book, I was in the isle and there are 3 big book shelves. The first one was all plants, no cp books, the middle shelf was nothing but how to grow pot. I was stunned, the 3rd shelf was all animals. But I couldn't believe it either. They can't stock The Savage Garden, but they have 248348 different how to grow pot guides.
    Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen two books on how to grow weed at my Books-A-Million. And they do have the Savage Garden. Meh, I believe in free speech and I support legalizing pot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as do i even though i dont affiliate with it at all.

Willie: i know what you mean! the closest to a CP i ever saw in a book store is a guide on "Simple and Exotic Houseplants" with a Nepenthes inside.

there were a total of 5 different pot growing guides. however i couldnt remember the other names
    Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since we're free to do most things, someone wrote a book and wanted it published and no one stopped it from happening because a law wasn't being broken. It's not an admission of support from any particular agency.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same reason why they can print, books on how to grow hallucinogenic mushrooms, though The common illicit technique is really an all around way to get allot of different mushrooms started legal and illegal!

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In 1996, the voters of California passed Proposition 215, also known as the Compassionate Use Act. Within California, the Act allows for the recommendation by a physician for the medical use of marijuana by a patient, and the cultivation, transportation and use of marijuana for medical purposes by patients and caregivers. The Compassionate Use Act exempts patients, caregivers and physicians who recommend the use of marijuana for medical purposes from criminal laws, punishment, or the denial of any rights or privileges.
    http://www.dhs.ca.gov/mmp/

Cannibis possesion is also legal in Alaska.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There have been "grow books" being printed since the 60's, my hippie uncle still has some from way back when. Haven't you ever heard of High Times magazine (or the 5 or 15 other weed zines out there)? The DEA has subscriptions to High Times - they love it - their letters/photos to the editor state as much! As far as I'm concerned cannabis should be legal in all states and alcohol should be outlawed.

Unfortunately, NaN, the CA law does not apply if the person is arrested and charged in a federal court, Federal laws don't recognize the CA law, AFAIK they don't anyway.I belive the Federal Agents have shut down nearly all the Cannabis co-op clinics.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast