What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some preaty awesome laws..

Or not...

I don't like Spam either, but Jebus, no one OWNS the internet. Its more like an idea, of space, for people to access. Kinda reminds me of, another country, oh wait China. They restrict certain websites.
When I think of felonies, I usually think of murder, rape, kidnapping and treason. Now, Ohio has added sending spam to the list. Under Ohio law, it is a felony to send spam, or unsolicited email advertisements. Ohio is one of a handful of states, including Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Rhode Island and Utah that make spam a felony, even if the product sold is legitimate.

http://blog.laborlawtalk.com/2006/10/12/ohio-felony-laws/

Oh and heres a sweet gun law.

In an unrecorded voice vote the gun grabbing bill once known at HR 297, HR 2640 also known as "The Veteran's Disarmament Act" by Pro 2nd Amendment grass roots organizations across America, passed, and will soon be on the way to President Bush for signature or veto.

The bill calls for a guilty before being proven innocent program of separating which Americans may realize the 2nd amendment and which may not. According to the bill any past, present, or future "thought crime" may threaten your right to purchase or own a firearm. Without a trial!
http://jackblood.netfirms.com/home/headline.html
http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/article4124.html

It ohio everything is a felony. They have weird laws and they don't respect constitutional rights.

In ohio there is no such thing as innocent until proven guilty.

im guessing they are like England where everyone is guilty until proven inocent? thats second bill is a violation of America's rights...

In New Orleans it is prohibited by the fire code to curse a fireman when he is engaged in his official duties.

In Tennessee duelists and atheists are not allowed to be elected to public office.

In Arizona, it is illegal to hunt camels.

It ohio everything is a felony. They have weird laws and they don't respect constitutional rights.

In ohio there is no such thing as innocent until proven guilty.

I've lived in Ohio almost all my life and haven't noticed any strange laws. Can you remember anything that seemed weird to you?

According to the bill any past, present, or future "thought crime" may threaten your right to purchase or own a firearm. Without a trial!

lol Minority Report, anyone?

Yeah, I thought the exact same thing.

There's also an excellent episode of Star Trek: Voyager where one character is punished on an alien planet because she thinks about hitting somebody on a planet where violent thoughts are not only outlawed, but also traded on the black market.

I've lived in Ohio almost all my life and haven't noticed any strange laws. Can you remember anything that seemed weird to you?

Of course I can. Using the words of the great Dave Chappel "How much time you got, buddy?"

I've always prayed for a law that would require the creators of spam to have their kneecaps broken. Of course, the main problem with that law is that often a program will install onto someones computer and send out spam from that computer essentially making it a spambot, without the owners knowledge (other than the classic slowing down of his comp). Back when I was in highschool I remember praying the spammers and spyware creators would drop dead (a thought crime I suppose).

Archaic laws like these are almost never enforced. I saw this daily show piece making fun of stupid laws (way back a few years )that it was illegal to have an erection in public in Indiana - at all.

Its illegal to have Oral sex in Maine I think.

I posted this message this morning in another forum. I don't know how that happened.
lol

I saw this daily show piece making fun of stupid laws (way back a few years )that it was illegal to have an erection in public in Indiana - at all.

Sir put your hands on the car. You are being charged with having an erection in public and destruction of government property, for the dent you put in the side of the police car.

LOL

yea, some of these laws are dumb

Peh, ridiculous, laws are getting that way more and more every day.

Back