What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terraforums Cup

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
It's time for the our 3rd annual Terraforums Cup Nascar Fantasy League.

We had a blast last year and I hope that all of you sign up. It's free so you have no excuse not to.

Here's the info for you to sign up.

http://racing.fantasysports.yahoo.com/auto/register/joinprivategroup

<table><tbody><tr><td>Group ID#</td> <td>4682</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Group Name</td> <td>Terraforums Cup</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td valign="top">Group Password</td> <td>pakhasnoexcuse</td></tr></tbody></table>

All signed up.. See ya at the track :)

I joined also. Good to see other people here are into Nascar. I love the sport. I live an hour from NHIS (New Hampshire International Speedway). Been to a few races and can't wait for my daughter to a get a bit older to take her.

Took a look.
I little confusing since several of the pages on how to play do not load.

Elgecko,

Please feel free to ask me any questions you have. I have been playing Yahoo fantasy sports for 8 years now. I am pretty familliar with how they work.

Steve

Did last season just end like last month?

xvart.

I don't get it. What do you do?

signed up. Gentlemen, start your engines!!

Nascar don't have much of a break. Mostly the winter due to weather or else I'm sure they'd go year round :) . But even now they are tuning cars like crazy indoors and stuff. It's a full time job

For those wondering what this is all about, you try to pick which rolling billboard will make 500 left turns before a bunch of other rolling billboards. You pick the #6 billboard or #20 billboard or whatever. Just don't pick #3.

For those wondering what this is all about, you try to pick which rolling billboard will make 500 left turns before a bunch of other rolling billboards. You pick the #6 billboard or #20 billboard or whatever. Just don't pick #3.

Nascar is much more than that. That's what Pak used to believe. When you get to know all the drivers and their personality it becomes WAY more interesting. Also each track is different. There is no way you can tell me that 43 cars going 190 mph on a track thats banked 30 degrees is not interesting.

As for the fantasy league, you have three columns of drivers. From column A you pick two drivers, from column B you pick 4 drivers and 2 drivers from column C. This sounds way more confusing then it really is. The deadline to pick these drivers in normally late Thursday night. If any these drivers qualify in the top four, you will earn points for them. Out of the drivers that you chose, you have to pick only one from A list , two from B list and one from C list for the race. You'll earn points depending on where these drivers finish in the race. You'll also earn points if one of your driver leads a lap. You'll also earn points if one of your drivers leads the most laps.

You pick new drivers for each race, but you can only pick each driver 9 times during the season. That's Paks favorite rule. LOL

It's not nearly as confusing as I made it sound.

Welcome to everybody that signed up. I'll be glad to answer any question that you have.

Well at least this year I'll have a working computer.

And don't think you need to know anything about NASCAR or racing to play. I don't. :D But I take a good stab at it. Last season I led for the first 7 races.

Just pick the cutest driver (Kasey Kahne) or the nicest driver (Jeff Burton) or the one most likey to get in an argument (Tony Stewart)....and off you go! lol

I hope more people will play and STICK WITH IT. We lost a lot players after a few races.

I still think the race rules are stupid. The game would be more fun if they let me make the rules. :D

I still think the race rules are stupid.

The rules are just fine. Why should a player who sets his team up in week one and never looks at it again continue to earn points all season long? The rules are in place to encourage competition and activity. Otherwise we could all just pick a set of drivers in February and check back in November to see who won. Thats no fun.

You are right. That is no fun. That's why I doubt if anyone wishing to participate in the game would do that. The fun is in picking drivers you think will win which changes from track to track. It isn't fun to pick one set of drivers and forget it. It's not George Foreman's rotisserie--Set it and forget it.

It will never make sense to me that if you are supposed to be picking drivers who will win and/or collect the most points, then you should be able to do so. If a handful of drivers are doing particularly well in a season, then you should be able to choose them...instead of being forced to pick drivers you feel reasonably sure will not collect many points.

??? Its still fun despite its limiting rule.

The season is too long for me. I don't think I could hold my attention span and remain active and competitive if I joined. I would hate to be one of those that dropped out, as mentioned above. I can barely make it through a fantasy football season and my feelings about football and NASCAR are about the same.

xvart.

But see...that would be good. Less competition! hehe :p

Pak, it'll never make sense to you because you're a female.

But see...that would be good. Less competition! hehe :p

You're going to need all the help you can get.

Pak, it'll never make sense to you because you're a female.

LOL!

There's only one guy I want to win - Juan Pablo Montoya. Just a shame he never reached his full potential in F1.

Yeah...he's a traitor. hehe But I think there are a few other guys giving NASCAR a go. Isn't Carpentier from F1? And...what's his name...Andretti? I don't know. I don't know much about it. I'm still trying to figure out why flames shoot out of the side of the cars sometimes. ???

I'm still trying to figure out why flames shoot out of the side of the cars sometimes.

women
???

Back