User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone else model on the computer ???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do
    view my growlist
    http://grwlist.notlong.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone see Pirates of the Carribean? I did the...
    J/K I do have Lightwave though, and Bryce 6, and Blender had a custom PC built to run them and I haven't done squat with them! They're confusing as hell to me. I've got reams of books but I'd need a tutor to walk me through the basic stuff.

The only stuff I've actually done with my 3D stuff is pose Daz Studios anatomy models as sculpting reference - for which it's awesome with on/off muscle maps. But all my 3D programming dreams went Pppffftttt when I installed the programs and started playing with them. People warned me, but I do like my wacom tablet and photoshop!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey JM - Check out a book called Digital Lighting (or something like that) by Jeremy Birn. It's excellent.

I've been doing 3D modeling and animation from wayyyy back, mainly polys....... When I first started we used the Wavefront Advanced Visualizer and you had to type in code to do a composite, like blahh blahh blahh a over b around c..... You wouldn't know for hours and hours if it worked.

Then, SGI bought both Wavefront and Alias and that's where Maya came from. After that Autodesk bought it. We use Maya now, and do compositing in Adobe After Effects.

Here is a link to our Gallery page where you can see samples of my work:

http://www.lifehouseproductions.com/samples.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12