Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Beer?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol. Dead rats were common everywhere in the late 1790s. Most of the manufactured stuff we eat today still has bug pieces and rat droppings in it. Hell, the produce we get from Mexico is watered with raw sewage in some places.
    Yum a dum dum.

Some Canadian stuff is good. I like a Labatt or Molson Golden every once in a while. I love German beer though...truly the best I think, though I can't stand the Reinheitsgebot.
    Some of the Belgian Lambics are good, but only in small quantities. They're also freakishly expensive.

I've got a bottle of St. Bernardus Abt 12 thats about 5 years old. I'm aging it until I get out of medical school, since apparently it gets better with age and can be stored up to 15 years.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phissionkorps View Post
    Apparently when Guinness first came out, it tasted like crap and no one bought it. After a while it started tasting good and it sold like crazy. After quite a few years of brewing, the brewery hired someone to come and clean out their equipment, and after it was clean the beer started tasting like crap again. The brewery asked the cleaner if they found anything in there to affect the flavor, and they replied they had - lots of dead rats.
    The brewery started hanging red meat in the vats, which brought the flavor back (but less ratty lol).
    That is very interesting. I'll have to tell that to my friend who is a bar manager and see if he knew that.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Is ready to take this hobby to a whole new level DavyJones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paulaner Dunkel Hefeweizen BEST BEER EVER

Too bad you can't find it in the states

Try something German, they really are all the best
    "We are in a sense the Universe trying to understand itself. By Observing it we are observing what we are." - Phillip Plait

Growlist: Updated 1/11/12 http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=110846

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    actually if read much on brewing beer.......some actually include meat in the process.....horse meat being the most common but have even heard of chicken. rare but meat is sometimes used.

as far as my favorites Sam Adams' light stuff last one i tried was a holiday ale or some such thing, it was pretty good. Alaskan Amber is good but in a pinch Coors and Coors light also work....also like Killian's Irish Red.......when helping a buddy out at his house and drinking out of his fridge i havent turned down a Miller Light

Corona is nasty crap as is Steel Reserve......hell ill drink cheap vodka before that and i generally only have cheap vodka around cause ppl think that since ill drink vodka ill drink any vodka.......rather use the $12 a bottle crap to clean cuts....its barely fit to drink. Grey Goose on the other hand is smooth stuff.......kinda like the ppl who drink tequila say Jose' is great stuff.......if yah think Jose' is good stuff(i cant hardly even shoot the crap) you havent had good tequila, pick up a bottle of Patrón Añejo worth every penny and your taste buds will thank me, its almost smooth enough to sit and sip like fine scotch or bourbon.......Jose' is so full of sugar and added flavors you can barely call it tequila......most cheap bar well tequilas are better

ive currently have Apfelwien brewing in my basement aswell as hard raspberry apple cider......good stuff in small quantities but over indulging equals the hangover from hell......drinkable at 5 weeks from throwing the ingredients together..........longer only makes it better......the Apfelwien will be stunning at 8 months.......plan on aging some bottles a few years and see what happens

learned along time ago if your going to drink yourself stupid it more than pays for itself to drink good quality stuff.......the higher end tequila's vodka's and rum's( i hate rum but my wife loves it) have fewer of the impurities that cause the really bad hangovers. a night of cheap vodka, Jose' or the like leaves yah with a nasty headache. even if you drink some water you can still get the bad headache. unfortunatly the apples i use for apfelwien and hard cider are full of these impurities so moderation is the key for those.........a liter bottle of the apfelwien i make, drank all by yourself will leave yah looking for a gun to put you out of your misery the next day, especially if you dont drink any water before passing out.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm underage and dont plant on drinking when older heck if I started I bet I would have tons of DUI's
    view my growlist
    http://grwlist.notlong.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if I started I bet I would have tons of DUI's
    I take cabs everywhere. Even if cabs cost $30 (most don't), the average DUI costs $3k, so you'd have to take 100 cab rides to equate to what a DUI would cost. If you go out only once a week, thats almost 2 years of going out until taking cabs becomes more expensive.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickz123 View Post
    I turned 21 over the summer and have been trying a different beer about every time I go to the store. My favorite so far is Red Stripe, but it is too expensive. Right now I am stuck on buying Steel Reserve, its strong and has 8.1% alcohol, and cheap. Whats everyones favorite beer? Give me some recommendations.
    -Nick
    BTW Nick if your looking for a good cheap drink, try brewing apfelwien......find yourself a food grade plastic bucket, drill a hole in the lid, get a airlock, rubber stopper and yeast from a home brewery shop(prolly $5 worth of equipment if you can get a bucket for free from a resturaunt but be careful about what was stored in it before......if it was pickles, find another bucket......unless you REALLY like a drink that tastes like pickles) get yourself 2 pounds of sugar and 5 gallons of apple juice that has no preservatives(though asorbic acid is fine) sterilize everything with some bleach water and rinse well.....mix all together place in bucket put lid(after you have placed rubber stopper in the hole drilled in the lid) on bucket, place airlock in hole in the lid, place some cheap liquor in the airlock, vodka works as good as anything to keep any wild least or bacteria from getting in, wait 5 weeks, if you dont carbonate you can bottle it back in the jugs the apple juice came in that you have cleaned out......chill in the fridge and drink.............should finish out at about 9%.....taste much better than steel reserve
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anything cheap, or "No Name Pub Amber".

I'm going to have to try brewing my own sometime, sounds like fun.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast