Thread: Forum Suggestion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phissionkorps View Post
    I don't know....
    TC techniques vary with the genera...
    The difficult part comes down to technique, equipment, methods etc. Which comes back to where do you put it? Currently the best place would be in the green house / terrarium section. Which wouldn't be the first place I'd search for home made flow hoods or clean boxes since you don't grow anything in them.

While there are different methods for TC'ing a Sundews or a Nepenthes; there number of those doing it are not overwhelming to break up the results. Currently what I'm working with, seeds... how you clean the seed of a Sundew can be the same way you clean the seed for a Nepenthes. So, grouping of information together could be relevant and helpful.

-Nate
    My Grow List

"It is only by studying nature that can we ever hope to defeat it."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nep seeds tend to be more sensitive to bleach than others. Personally I wouldn't use bleach to sterilize nep seeds. Neps are also ridiculously susceptible to damage caused by base analogs. Mericulture of Nepenthes is an entirely different subject as well (yes it is possible!). I know of no other CP genera which presents the same difficulties as mericulture of Nepenthes, as AFAIK, other genera aren't infested wth fungus in their meristematic tissue.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nep seeds tend to be more sensitive to bleach than others. Personally I wouldn't use bleach to sterilize nep seeds. Neps are also ridiculously susceptible to damage caused by base analogs. Mericulture of Nepenthes is an entirely different subject as well (yes it is possible!). I know of no other CP genera which presents the same difficulties as mericulture of Nepenthes, as AFAIK, other genera aren't infested wth fungus in their meristematic tissue.
    Good point and thats in line for how I've read if you were to do the bleach method, however there are other methods as well. I'm using PPM soaks for my seeds which is a commercial product but just another method to use which can be applied in a similar manner to other seeds. But that's a side discussion which we can bring up another time. 8) (in a new sub board?? hehe)

-Nate
    My Grow List

"It is only by studying nature that can we ever hope to defeat it."

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, the only 2 things I really ever look at here are general discussions and nep forum.
    Yep. That's what I was getting at. You can tell that certain people only visit (or at least only post) in certain areas. This way it also consolidates the information.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a free sample of 40 mililiters of PPM I need to get the pressure cooker and forcheps. I think I sorta need to use them but they have been in the fridge do you thik they are okay ?? There is also 20 mills of BAP,AGAR and MS media just waiting.

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jm82792 View Post
    I have a free sample of 40 mililiters of PPM I need to get the pressure cooker and forcheps. I think I sorta need to use them but they have been in the fridge do you thik they are okay ?? There is also 20 mills of BAP,AGAR and MS media just waiting.
    jm - please start a new topic. This one is about forum suggestions.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay well I'd like the forum subcatogories,
    sorry I sorta went off

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12