What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CPUK down?

• Thread starter thbjr
  • Start date

thbjr

Don't eat me,... Mr. Flytrap
Is the site down? I haven't been able to get on it last night or today.

Yep. Should be back shortly. Server upgrade I think. While they're at it, they should upgrade those godawful atrocious forum skins. Things make my eyes bleed.

tru DAT phiz, tru dat.

Yesterday, I noticed a message mentioning something about a planned outage on 1.20.08. Didn't pay attention since everything was working at the moment. However, when I finished writing a response to a PM, it was dead and wouldn't accept my message. Great timing! ???

Likewise, I had an address I needed to get off of there for tomorrow. Si es la vida. :rolleyes:

Yesterday, I noticed a message mentioning something about a planned outage on 1.20.08. Didn't pay attention since everything was working at the moment. However, when I finished writing a response to a PM, it was dead and wouldn't accept my message. Great timing! ???

There was a post on the forum announcements:

Forum Downtime 20 Jan 2008

The forum will be down from 21:00 hours on the 20 January 2008 for an hardware upgrade of the server. Expected downtime is 24 hours.

OK what am I doing wrong, the home page will come up but when I click on the forum link there's a page not found message ?!? The others seem to work but there's no alternate route to the forum link for me.

I have a bunch of websites hosted by Hostultra, our servers were taken down Jan, 20th for repairs, they were found to be irreversably corrupt so a new server had to be purchased and setup. I believe CPUK is also a customer of Hostultra as they have just gone back online but all missing data will need to be restored from backups that CPUK has, if any bacups are kept of php forums - I don't know. Likely everything may start over as a clean slate as only the hosting client's accounts were kept on file at Hostultra. They are attempting to have the old servers "mined" to get old data out of them but I would not hold my breath. I've got my sites back online now ((ya'll can go look at my DIY sterile transfer hood post images again) but CPUK probably has a lot of stuff to try and get back online - just be patient. :)

Thanks for the update.

Well if I lose my list atleast I recentley got my plants tagged :)

More or less. I still cannot reach the forum at this time. Perhaps later today. Interesting that the host IP resolves to
darwin.soho.aussiehq.net.au

It is working now. There must have been a hiccup in the system for a couple of hours.

Looks like they are now running the same format as groundspeak which is ten-fold (nay! infinite-fold) better than that nasty holiday theme format... Glad they are up and running again.

xvart.

you can change the skins :D

Back