Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone using Firefox?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone using Firefox?

I've just installed FireFox, people tell me it's more secure to use than I.E. (it does have a lot more cutsomizable security features than I.E. though I don't know if I have a hidden/anonymous proxy with my MS Firewall or not. How do you know if you are truly hidden from I P spies online or not? Like every time I send a online post to message boards terra forums, the sculptng forums, etc. I get the message "You are about to send a message to an unencrypted connection the information you send can be read by a third party. Are you sure you want to continue?"

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    View -> Sidebar -> bookmarks

There is a sidebar add-on to make the sidebar work like Opera's. Everybody steals features from Opera who usually has the best features first.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1027

The security message you get means you are connecting through a non-SSL (secure socket layer) page. There should be a checkbox on the message window to suppress the message in the future. If the page you are on is a SSL page there will be a little padlock icon on the bottom status bar of Firefox.

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Firefox is the only way to fly, in my opinion. Unless you're work uses a Microsoft web based email client.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Is ready to take this hobby to a whole new level DavyJones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, firefox all the way. Some good add-ons to look for are Ad-Block and FasterFox, plus the millions of customized skins. It is the best out there, IMHO.
    "We are in a sense the Universe trying to understand itself. By Observing it we are observing what we are." - Phillip Plait

Growlist: Updated 1/11/12 http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=110846

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been using firefox since beta. As the other stated it's the best and rarely crashes.

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely prefer FireFox to IE. My add ons are Adblock plus, all-in-one side, Bookmark Duplicate Detector, Fullerscreen, NoScript (blocks Java scripts from running 'till you OK them) and Update Bookmark. There's a few others, but these are the ones I recommend for most people.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveyJones View Post
    Yeah, firefox all the way. Some good add-ons to look for are Ad-Block and FasterFox, plus the millions of customized skins. It is the best out there, IMHO.
    Omg fasterfox != cool. That has caused me so many problems from people installing that, then faster fox running ahead in all my programs clicking 'delete item' links for you.

Firefox is awesome though, if you have a work computer, laptop, desktop or more. Try the foxmarks extension! Finally solved the problem of finding something cool at work then having to look for it again while at home.
    My Grow List

"It is only by studying nature that can we ever hope to defeat it."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I run Ubuntu on my 900 MHZ pentium 4 with 512 ram,
    I love firefox well I use IE on my windows comps(my moms laptop and mine)
    But it runs perfectly on such a slow computer that I have had for years windows died so I thought forget windows so ubuntu and firefox is a perfect mix I think.
    So if you have a slow computer load with ubuntu then forget windows

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast