Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Shrimp are running..

Is ready to take this hobby to a whole new level DavyJones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm jealous. Not of you living in florida when its freezing cold in Ohio, but by the mounds of free shrimp!
    "We are in a sense the Universe trying to understand itself. By Observing it we are observing what we are." - Phillip Plait

Growlist: Updated 1/11/12 http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=110846

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm few questions I been noticing about this. Why you have some in cups? Did you like kill them all or do they die over a bit of time cause no salt water? I never caught shrimp. I did have some in a freshwater tank before but never did eat them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The shrimp in the cups are actually just the heads. You have to pinch the heads off before storing them in the freezer or peeling and cooking them. Its the same as lobster, just a lot more heads to deal with.

By the way, the official shrimp count was 563! We also caught 3 big blue crabs, which were excellent with a little garlic butter.

They're probably going to run again tonight, but we're too tired to check it out(its said that they run the hardest 3 days before and 3 days after a full moon, I think yesterday was officially the full moon).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You counted them?!?

Do they carry eggs? When I lived in Maine in the 80s, we used to buy shrimp this time of year (maybe a little later) for ~$1.50/lb, but they'd be carrying blue-ish eggs with their legs. Then we started worrying about the possible effect on shrimp reproduction and quit buying them.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drools love shrimp lived in hawaii got addicted there into sushi and sea foods.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eh, I'm allergic to shrimp. Used to love them. I dunno how I'm allergic, but, everytime I eat them my throat gets really scratchy and feels cut up and tight like it's swollen.
    - NeciFiX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice catch! I love to catch my own bait with the cast net, but I don't eat them. Next time I go fishing in the marshes near my house I will have to catch some for gumbo.

I always found it fun to walk around my dads bulkhead with a flash light, and catch them with a dip net.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gross - diseased bugs of the sea!

I like crab and lobster but I guess once you get sick on shrimp it sort of looses it's appeal.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast