Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Carnivorous Plant "Events"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phissionkorps View Post
    Is it gunna be in RI again? Gawd I hope not. What an awful and corrupt state (but ANYWAY)....
    I hope its somewhere a touch further south or at a huge hub, so it's cheap to get to. Could you even imagine the freakin chaos that would ensue if I showed up?
    AH!! do it! ahha i think it is gonna be in RI... would be nice if it were farther south. travel is expensive!
    Quote Originally Posted by EdaxFlamma View Post
    I would be so lost... haha. Anyone willing to show the new kid around?

Can I really wait another 8 months....
    sounds like me last year. youll be lost the second you walk into the show so many plants!!

Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like competions like the ugliest planting(with taste not just crude with a plant),
    or the best nepenthes photo,dionea,sarracenia,pinguicula and so on the prize could be something like people would donate a plant for each genera so the winner would get something they do not have or something around those lines.,
    A TF expo would be awsome but it would not happen happen by me,there are no cp societes in oregon there WAS one but according to a few peoples it fizzeled out...
    Surprisingly enough there are many southern oregon growers. I'd love a society in southern oregon since the only one in california is southern cali/LA.
    But someone experienced would need to form one the last one was by a nursery that sorta well pelted there onto members... I know of maybe about 10 members in southern OR alone..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there anything in MN LOL I would love to find a society. No such luck here in GA.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jm82792 View Post
    I'd love a society in southern oregon since the only one in california is southern cali/LA.

Howdy JM, there is another society a little closer to Southern Oregon than LA by a few hundred miles - there is the BACPS (Bay Area CPS) -- and the meeting is tomorrow!!! GAWSH DURN - I can't make that one!!! BUT, maybe you could make it if you start driving now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love to start a society in the south...but we're so spread out down here. The MS/AL would probably be the best place to meet lol. It's sort of halfway between West Texas and South Florida.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been lucky and have found 3 other growers within an hour and a half drive.
    A few times a year we get together at someones house and talk and trade plants.

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    don't move the NECPS show too far south, then it won't be in New England! I can't wait for next year's show. Last year I missed the silent auction! GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!! WHAT GOT INTO ME?!?!??! WHY DID I LEAVE SO EARLY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EdaxFlamma View Post
    Can I really wait another 8 months....
    In addition to the NECPS, there are periodic, somewhat random, smaller events that occur.

John Hummer has a small get-together, tour of his bog a few times each summer (a search will locate some commentary & pics). If you haven't been to his place before, it's really amazing to see everything growing in a natural bog area. This is just north of Richmond, iirc.

In addition, elgecko has organized at least 1 Pine Barrens camping, boating, exploring trip for the last 2 summers (again - pics & commentary posted - there may be several people's pics over in the ICPS forums). I only made a cameo 2 years ago but this past summer, my wife & I made it and the group of us had a blast.

Iirc, about 3 years ago, Dave Evan held a barbecue at his place where we got some good food and a tour of all of his plants and growing areas in addition to the inevitable, very interesting, never-ending CP conversations....
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast