User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: end of world episode on discovery channel, bad info??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

end of world episode on discovery channel, bad info??

in this discovery channel episode, they said that when the poles change, the earths crust will move over the mantle and cause a Catostrophic event ending all life on this planet. But in High school, i learned that the mid altantic ridge, as it seperates on the ocean floor, it saves the polarity into the rock. And over the sea floor, you can see that the polarity has changed several times. What i'm wanting to know, is if the earth's poles has changed so many times in the past, why would it be catostropic this time?? I know there has been a seriers of mass extinctions in the past, but is this really what will happen??
    Quit reading my mind!

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always heard that you'll get "spots" for lack of a better word while the poles shift, so people in Florida (or wherever) will see the Aurora and maybe get higher risk of skin cancer (or something like that, it's been a while) but this is the first I've heard of that.

I look forward to 2012. A lot of people think something good will happen. Like a spiritual awakening or something. If something bad does happen, I'd like to see it and die in the apocalypse rather than something lame like falling down an escalator.

But given the fact that everyone who's predicted the world will end on X date have been wrong so far, it's unlikely anything will happen. Still fun to think about. We'll see in four years.

NICK,NICK,NICK!!!!! Indians....... likeAstone76's Avatar
    Kansas, on the plains with the tumbling tumble weeds
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no offense, but if this world hasn't had a spiritual awakening by now, i don't know why 2012 would make any difference.

learn to swim. lol
    Here's to the first of the of the day fellas!! To old, D.H. Lawrence!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The polarity switches every few 100,000 years, so previous switches can't have been too traumatic in the general scheme of things. I'm sure some bad things are associated with a switch, but life doesn't get knocked back to the Precambrian and the continents just keep chugging along.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    rather than something lame like falling down an escalator.
    Lame? You could die and continue to fall down the steps and be raised back up for hours before anyone noticed! I'd probably take that over the apocalypse. I mean... Everyone dies in the apocalypse, but how many people can say they were going up and down stairs for hours after their death?

In the afterlife who wants to talk to another schlub who died in the apocalypse? No, it's all about the escalator.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hahah 2012. Yeah, no one else has been right about the world ending. We've survived about 408258 predictions that it was going to end, and it hasn't. "But the Mayans said it would!" Screw the Mayans. Are you really going to trust some people who thought they needed to sacrifice people to the gods? I mean let's get real. If they were so advanced and all knowing, they would've seen the Spaniards coming.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Two flies one pitcher. Minus the crap eating. obregon562's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm...2012 huh? i better start spreading my genes!
    "It's easy to rip on cops, when you aren't the one needing saving"

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So now the "end of the world" is 2012... eh?

People have been predicting "something or other" occuring in the not too distant futuire for thousands of years. I remember the dad of a kid I grew up with was gonna leave his family and go wait in the ruins at Petra for Jesus' return back in the 1970s, so far I haven't seen any photos of ol' Messihe on any newspapers announcing his triumphant return. I also don't think Queztocoatl will swim out of the sky either though I'd like to see that, I do like dragons! Don't put faith in anything other than a new year rolling over.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast