User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: good bye old chatbox... hello new!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think some people need a limit on how many shouts they can send. When you click on archives and their number is increasing by 250-1000 PER DAY.......well you know.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DM had 7000

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why limit? It's not a competition. It's a place to talk and share knowledge. I wouldn't care if the archive got reset daily. Your post count isn't an extension of your well you know.

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by creepa200 View Post
    Why limit? It's not a competition. It's a place to talk and share knowledge. I wouldn't care if the archive got reset daily. Your post count isn't an extension of your well you know.
    Yes, but it is not a place for someone to chat to themselves for long periods of time spanning several dozens messages to no one.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    myflytrap- that is different than what was happening before. (at least the major one) it was jumping up like 5 lines or so....

yes, it's not a competition.. and I've talked to a few people before about talking to themselves, or posting too much in a row (just make it all one post) This new box does have many more controls than the last.... Please don't make me use them
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know its not a competition, thats why there are certain people that don't need to sit there and go on and on and on and on...about practically nothing. If it was good info going back and forth, then I would understand, but seeing about 20+ posts a day from the same persons asking "is anyone here", etc, etc is a bit over the top.

Sometimes when these prolific blabberers are on and I'm trying to talk to someone about something important (i.e. what conditions I give a certain nep, trying to work out a trade, etc), not only does a line of continuous, constructive convo get broken up by things like (I KID YOU NOT (unfortunately)), "why is everyone ignoring me", but sometimes these people putting in that many shouts in rapid succession locks up the server or something on my end, and i have to exit my browser and get back to TF. Sometimes that doesn't even work, and when it does, usually the person I'm trying to talk to has either left since it takes so long, or they asked a couple questions/said something I didn't see, since in 2-3 minutes, a blabberer has entered about 50 messages.

ugh I got ninja'd on lol
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do like the new archive much, much better. It's a lot more clear and easy to read.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had to reset my custom text, so by extension the whole box endeavor was worthless...

No, not really!

I... gotta agree... to a degree with what phissionkorps said, it can get annoying on occasion, but since the box is theoretically open to whatever conversation the participants so desire (within reason) i cant say there is anything actually wrong with that, just mildly annoying on rare occasions of especially prolific nonsense.
    that makes no logic

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast