What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cell phones for texting

• Thread starter poolboy101
  • Start date
I am getting my first cell phone in a few weeks, and I need some advice on which one to get. I use t-mobile, and was thinking of getting the blackberry 8700g. I was also thinking of getting a side kick slide, but I don't know which is better. I want something with a full keyboard. I only have a budget of about $300. So if anybody has any opinions, or advice it wold help a lot.

Thanks!

i wouldn't waste my time with those full keyboard phones, I usually receive more text jokes from my friends than actually chat with them. Just get a typical flip, I've got 500 extra and ulimited in nework pix/flix/chix whatever and i've only used on a really heavy txt period like 250 at most.

I hate texting, but for my job I have this phone. I like it a lot. I use it mostly for the outlook calendar, email, and emergency calls. It's a little thick, but I don't mind at all. There is a slightly newer version that came out that is thinner. I think the first one I mentioned is out of the price range you listed (and may be phased out already) on the website; but, I got it for an even $300 through my university.

xvart.

I've owned an original

Sidekick,
Sidekick 2
and currently a T-mobile MDA.

My first choice would be a sidekick, especially if you use AIM. They are the -best- texting phone out there. MDA's are kinda cool but too slow, 200mhz they need to be 400. AT&T just released one called the tilt which is a 400mhz version but it's above your price range.

If you go with something like a blackberry you'll have a hard time getting the other services like yahoo or aim to run. They say they come with but send those messages via SMS which costs you and it's slow. Sidekicks are the only ones that run that off the data network instead.

I'm thinking of going back to a sidekick at the moment, I'm sure you wouldn't regret getting one of those.

Nate

I hate texting

xvart.

Until recently I hated texting too, but I had to break down and decide get a cell phone. I have those kind of friends who wont talk to you on the phone for more than 10 seconds, but will spend 1 1/2 hours texting.:crazy: It is the only way my friends will have a real conversation. I would use AIM, but they don't use that either. The reason why I want a phone with a full keyboard is because I will be using it for typing, as I said I wont be using the phone part very much.

cell phone?
texting?

those words sound vaguely familiar..
I think I may have heard them somewhere..
in background TV chatter perhaps...
but im not really sure exactly what they are..

Scot

Back