User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody Know Where I Can Find a Black Octogon Flower Pot Like This?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone Know Where I Can Find a Black Octagon Shaped Flower Pot for My VFTs Like This?

I saw this set of pictures and decided I had to have a larger flower pot like this for my fly traps! I've been searching around on the internet and haven't found anything similar.

http://www.bacps.org/show07/albums/b...ytrap/gallery/

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It looks like a beta tank that's been painted black to me... I have 4 of them is why it rang a bell. here is what I'm talking about:

http://www.lotsofpets.com/lees-bettahexkit.html

Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahhhh...

So that's the famous Geoff Wong 'eh?

That hexagon container is kinda neat though.
    Only a moral and virtuous people are capable of freedom; the more corrupt and vicious a people becomes, the more it has need of masters. -- Benjamin Franklin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adnedarn View Post
    It looks like a beta tank that's been painted black to me... I have 4 of them is why it rang a bell. here is what I'm talking about:

http://www.lotsofpets.com/lees-bettahexkit.html

Andrew
    Thanks for the lead! I might have to try that! It does look very glossy and cool. Does anybody have any idea if the soil will leach any harmful chemicals out of the paint if the inside is painted? I suppose I could just mask off the top though and only paint the outside and lose the glossy look. If it has a plastic bottom, the bottom could be drilled out for drainage.

I just transplanted all of my VFTs into one large pot so I don't want to stress them out too much anytime soon so it'll be a while before I attempt it. Perhaps I will try painting one and transplanting into one sometime during the summer. They're already reddening up quite nice under my bright CFL with supplemental sunlight though!

Edit: actually looking at his plants it appears on second examination that they are actually in that black pot inside the octagonal container (I thought the potted plant was a second plant). Interesting idea! I guess it could act like a water tray.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It actually looks like a pencil holder to me, I always see them in the stores around the beginning of school. They are usually pretty cheap and made of plastic so you should be able to just use them as they are if you want, though drainage might be an issue.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Is ready to take this hobby to a whole new level DavyJones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ktulu View Post
    though drainage might be an issue.
    Not if you have a drill!
    "We are in a sense the Universe trying to understand itself. By Observing it we are observing what we are." - Phillip Plait

Growlist: Updated 1/11/12 http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=110846

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveyJones View Post
    Not if you have a drill!
    Exactly! I assume even if it's made of glass that it'd have a plastic bottom that could be drilled out. You'd just need to set it on pebbles in the water tray to let water come up into it if you can't drill from the sides. I'm definitely going to do this sometime in the near future. I just need to see if I can find a tank that's wide enough yet short enough. If anybody else has any ideas I'm open to suggestions. I'm just worried about spray paint. I suppose there has to be some sort of paint or clearcoat/sealant that wouldn't be harmful to the soil/plants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks like a pencil/pen holder to me also.
    start looking in that section of the deparment stores you go in.
    SK-8 OR DIE

growlist

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast